Murphy's Laws of the Cataclysm

33.your pipebomb will not work
33a.if your pipebomb work you missplaced it or forgot to throw it

[spoiler][quote=“Azrad, post:40, topic:10810”][quote=“Taraq, post:39, topic:10810”][quote=“jcd, post:38, topic:10810”][quote=“Ember, post:37, topic:10810”][quote=“Arek_PL, post:36, topic:10810”][quote=“Eric, post:35, topic:10810”]31. You will run into a huge boomer at night in the middle of town. And it will ruin your day very fast.[/quote]

i do not get it (firefighter PBA mask/gas mask)[/quote]

boomers explode, they make a very loud noise, so in the middle of the town you it will draw probably hundreds of zombies to you[/quote]
And boomers make you boomered. Meaning you will be glowing and there for all to see.[/quote]

This is why I think night raids sorta drop off once you get geared up. Running into a horde is so much worse when it’s every zombie in sight instead of just a few from wherever it is you’re looting.

1. There is a turret behind that door.[/quote]

I dunno. Lately it feels like I’m having a slightly harder time with night raids. I’m just using light survivor gear, except for the head, and I’ve been returning from night raids pretty banged up.

For one thing, trying to slaughter a large group of Zs can be made very frustrating if there are necromancers hiding in the dark. I remember trying to butcher corpses then getting smashed by a revived hulk. I thought I killed the necromancer, but as it turned out, there was another one. Then I realize there’s three of them.

And getting hit by big boomer bile is dangerous at night, even for a well-armed survivor. You can’t see all of them, but they can all see you.[/quote][/spoiler]
You can defend against boomer bile by wearing something what will protect your eyes (like gas mask) but its awfull when big one attack you because it disable your night vision (you glow)

You can also use a saline eye drop to fix the normal boomer bile blinding you. Quite handy on hospital starts since the eye drops can be abundant there and usually you won’t have proper eye protection then.

As for the big boomers, their projectile bile can be dodged, but there’s a good chance to be hit by their death explosion on melee - unless you’re hitting them from a distance using a spear weapon.

1. First zombie encountered while playing on static spawn and Very bad day start is a shocker brute. Second one is a spitter.
  1. If you forget to enable the remove joke monsters mod, an NPC will attack the horror known as The Thriller.

2. If you don’t run into a moose or a bear, it’ll be a pack of wolves.

3. Any gun store you find will not have any ammo, and even if it does have ammo, it won’t be the kind you want.

1. Yes, that mutagen will give you disintegration.
  1. Any military IDs you find at outposts will be within explosion radius of the turrets you need to blow up to get them.
    39a. Any surviving military IDs you find at outposts will be destroyed by grenadier zombies.
    39b. Any surviving military IDs you find at outposts will be destroyed by grenadier zombies cooking off their loadout after death.

2. There is a zombie bio-operator behind the door.

3. Whenever you are wearing earplugs the turrets will always spot you before you spot them.

4. You will always fail to pry open a window when there’s zeds 14 tiles away and will instead break it (noise from prying is 12, noise from breaking is 28).

5. Within your first town you will always run into a pack of zombie dogs right when you’re wearing maximum carrying gear/close to max weight because your looting run is almost over.

6. Any minefields between your base and the zeds will be set off by wildlife. It’s only a matter of time until the horde shows up.

7. When you need a vehicle to start the most the engine will make a coughing noise and do nothing.

8. Any item given to you by NPCs is likely to be an activated explosive.

1. That area you have run through 20 times no problem will suddenly have a ninja moose when you are running from horde and not paying attention to whats in front of you…until its to late.
  • Found a car? Engine, driver seat, enough wheels, gas tank, controls, battery. Choose five.
  • You will always have the maximum chance of forgetting to turn off the flashlight.
  • The more desperately you need the piece of clothing, the more likely you are to destroy it with the next tailoring attempt.
  • For every 100 spare tires you find, you’ll find 1 jack.
  • For every jack you find, you’ll find 100 tires… of the wrong size.
  • Soaring down the highway 300km/h with your brand new customized vehicle, drunk with power, blasting music, wearing welding goggles, biting a stogie. Suck my exhaust, apocalypse. Enter chicken walker and the roadblock gang.
  • The longer the crafting process, the more likely it is to be interrupted by monsters near the end.
  • For every new item graphic in a tileset update, two new items will be introduced in the next build.
  • Where there’s a doctor’s office, there’s no stethoscope… but it will have at least four safes for you to eyeroll and sigh at.
  • Mutagens = more negative traits for you to deal with. But do keep gambling, hombre. You gotta make up for the losses. Also, you can find purifiers in the NEXT lab. I promise.
  • You’ll always forget to bring that one item with you.
  • The caliber of a gun marks the least likely caliber you will be able to find from that point on.
  • That’s a real nice CBM you just found. It would be a shame if… anything were to happen to it.
  • The longer you wear a radiation patch, the less likely you are to notice it changing the color.
  • Crafting session leftovers: 1 gunpowder.
  • The next crafting session: If you hadn’t ditched that 1 gunpowder earlier, you’d now have enough gunpowder to craft another full batch of ammo.
  • So you desperately need this crafting operation to succeed? I’m sorry but it is not through successes that we learn things but through failures. What you learn from this arbitrary setback and precious crafting materials loss is entirely up to you. Tell me, are you a nihilist yet, human? Dead inside? Even a little bit?
  • First the game ignores you, then it laughs at you, then it fights you, then it wins.
  1. Any item you absolutely need you will forget at your base, which is a day or two away.

Fixed it for you.

49.Grind up your skill to craft that one impossible to find item, squire the materials craft it, find it on your next loot run.

1. The next hostile will enter your field of view no more than two steps after you turn safe mode back on.

50a. You WILL notice that dangerous monster, but not before it notices you. It’s too late now, should’ve kept your safemode on.

1, if you ever post again you’re gonna ruin the beautiful sanctity of that “1. Posts: 1.”

1. If you ran it over, it was exactly what you needed.
  1. That lone shrub or young tree will always find a way to bypass military composite plating and smash your floodlight.

2. Driving in an open field will make you not notice the mine field signs and the mines will destroy your tires.

3. You either forget to turn on the dielectric capacitance system and get electrocution by a shocker, either by hitting it by accident, it hitting you, or getting hit by the projectile lightning, or you forget to turn it off draining your bionic energy.
    54a. In general, you will always forget to turn off that one energy draining bionic.
    54b. You forget to turn off internal furnace, and you end up eating your gun/your clothes/some other important item in your inventory.

4. Sneaking around in town? Surprise! Police lights flash on revealing your location to everything.

1. The one time you find a perfectly functioning solar powered car, you forget how to drive and crash it into a house.
  1. If you step on a mine and break your legs, there will be a hulk right behind the wall’s corner, waiting for you.
  1. Decide to become save scummer and turn on autosave? Autosave always saves JUST after game glitches you/you become in a near impossible to escape situation that requires ALL the effort to get through. Impossible situation that only LOOKED like it would be possible but difficult.
    58a. Yes. Yes the game chose to save the turn you ended up a story plus up from going the wrong way on the stairs. Congrats you are falling to your death.
    58b. Turn off autosave save scumming because it never helps and decide to manual savescumm instead? Always forget to save.

2. Spend lots of time building rediculous OP starting character for quick start? Hulk at front door/ tankdrone etc… Oh, and you forgot to make a template after changing all the settings so making the character was even possible.

1. Want rain? Start a campfire. The rain will follow soon after. Let’s face it: You’ll never get any cooking done.
  2. A bridge is not complete if it doesn’t have roadblocks on both ends, or if there isn’t a wrecked truck blocking the bridge. Let’s face it: You’re not crossing anything here.
  3. You stop coming across shocker zombies for a period of time once you have installed the protective Dielectric CBM. Let’s face it: You’ll never get to feel the satisfaction of being immune to electricity.
  4. You remember you forgot to try something neat a few towns ago but now you’re half a map away and seriously can’t be arsed to drive all the way back. Thou shalt groan at least once a minute for 5 minutes. Let’s face it: You’ll forget it again in the next game.
  5. Finding a new pair of awesome boots forebodes the coming of a spitter zombie. Let’s face it: You just love to fight spitter zombies, your hatred for them is just an act.
    64b. Only when your new footwear has been ruined by acid will you realize that you are not skilled enough to maintain and repair the boots. Of course at this point your old boots are in the previous town. Let’s face it: You see a long roadtrip in your near future, to retrieve something you arrogantly abandoned.
    64c. If you store something in case you’ll need it, you’re never going to need it. Let’s face it: You can’t afford to NOT store it. Your sense of dread won’t let you.
  6. Every time you run into Power Armor for the first time in a game, you will be instantly elated, but then you remember that you still need the helmet, the hauling frame and a proper power supply, and so everything’s actually ruined now. Let’s face it: Finding Power Armor sucks.
  7. Decide to grind a skill to the next level. Find the right skill book 5 minutes afterwards. Let’s face it: You would’ve grinded anyway even if you had known the book was in the next building.
  8. When you witness the autumn change into winter, that’s when you get the burning desire to go foraging for a ton of fresh harvest in the woods. Let’s face it: You subconsciously love misery.
    67b. Winter, day 3: You can now craft the mutagens you’ve wanted so badly but you need some eggs for it. Of course you could’ve foraged the eggs way earlier but would they have stayed usable through the summer? Let’s face it: You’ll never get to cook up those mutagens.
  9. A carefully chosen driving route through the city will be challenged by multiple wreckages blocking the street. Let’s face it: You sure wish you were back at that bridge now, with the roadblocks and only a single wrecked truck blocking your way.
  1. Yea, you know that vibrator you had for morale emergencies? It’s now missing, you’re dehydrated, and your morale is too low to boil water. Have fun shitting out your intestines.
  2. The larger your deathmobile, the more likely it is to get stuck in a building, car, minefield, or a river.
  3. You will always fumble with the controls during critical moments of wiggling said deathmobile through a tight space at 90 miles an hour.
  4. Inside of the gunstore is rack after rack of precious ammunition, and of the kind you want! There’s a tank drone sitting cozy right outside the door.