Murphy's Laws of the Cataclysm

1. If your headlights can be damaged they will be broken
  2. If you activate mininuke/c4 timer is too short
    19a.If timer is too short its mostly by only one second before you escape

20.When updating versions you will have run into problems with a bug that was fixed in the version posted 5 minutes later.(yes I know it’s a RL law not an In-Game one)

1. Using the animatronics mod, and doing the Missed Start, will normally end you up somewhere close to the building they start in.
  2. There is a Good chance the turn you walk out of your spawn location, that you will encounter something that will make you cry. (Looking at you Tank Bots, and or hulks.)

Those poor souls still playing on the current stable don’t even have to leave the building the spawn in. Take a step, building collapses because nearby flaming eye chucked rebar through the whole thing.

1. Unfriendly NPCs show up when you least need them. In other words, around the start of the game and when you’re unprepared for them.
  1. If you find a lab in the middle of a swamp and for some reason decide to go inside it, you will find that your screen is full of giant everythings when you head back out.
  1. When you find a completely intact vehicle with fuel and batteries, it will lack wheels. If a completely intact vehicle has wheels, it will lack fuel or a working battery.

2. If there are two vehicles between you and a zombie, one of which is wrecked and one of which is intact, the zombie will path through the intact vehicle.

25a. If vehicle is completly intact with wheels, and some fuel and battery, it will lack keys.

1. If you play with hoards as soon as you leave the shelter you will agro hulks which will kill you.(after they kill the static NPC you use as a shield)
  1. Knocking out a few windows of a building will result in the entire thing crushing you and any poor souls inside, while ramming a car into a building will leave the roof fine.

I approve of this thread.

25a. If vehicle is completly intact with wheels, and some fuel and battery, it will lack keys.[/quote]

25b. If the vehicle has wheels, fuel, battery, and keys, it will not be completely intact have a working engine.

25a. If vehicle is completly intact with wheels, and some fuel and battery, it will lack keys.[/quote]

25b. If the vehicle has wheels, fuel, battery, and keys, it will not be completely intact have a working engine.[/quote]

25c. If the vehicle has wheels, fuel, a battery, keys, and an engine, it will have a hole the size of a golf ball in its fuel tank.

25b. If the vehicle has wheels, fuel, battery, and keys, it will not be completely intact have a working engine.[/quote]

25c. If the vehicle has wheels, fuel, a battery, keys, and an engine, it will have a hole the size of a golf ball in its fuel tank.[/quote]

25d. If the vehicle has wheels, fuel, a battery, keys, an engine and a good fuel tank, it will have been left with the engine running at the start of the cataclysm meaning:
i. It will not stay intact for long. Zeds will use it as a punching bag.
ii. When you find it it will have used up all its fuel.

29: That one building you want to loot at night can’t be looted because near the entrance, some ambulance will have its overhead lights on near a ton of zombies.

30: Using a shotgun in towns is like sharing food: If you decide to do it, you’d better have brought enough for everyone.

1. You will run into a huge boomer at night in the middle of town. And it will ruin your day very fast.

i do not get it (firefighter PBA mask/gas mask)

i do not get it (firefighter PBA mask/gas mask)[/quote]

boomers explode, they make a very loud noise, so in the middle of the town you it will draw probably hundreds of zombies to you

boomers explode, they make a very loud noise, so in the middle of the town you it will draw probably hundreds of zombies to you[/quote]
And boomers make you boomered. Meaning you will be glowing and there for all to see.

boomers explode, they make a very loud noise, so in the middle of the town you it will draw probably hundreds of zombies to you[/quote]
And boomers make you boomered. Meaning you will be glowing and there for all to see.[/quote]

This is why I think night raids sorta drop off once you get geared up. Running into a horde is so much worse when it’s every zombie in sight instead of just a few from wherever it is you’re looting.

1. There is a turret behind that door.

And boomers make you boomered. Meaning you will be glowing and there for all to see.[/quote]

This is why I think night raids sorta drop off once you get geared up. Running into a horde is so much worse when it’s every zombie in sight instead of just a few from wherever it is you’re looting.

1. There is a turret behind that door.[/quote]

I dunno. Lately it feels like I’m having a slightly harder time with night raids. I’m just using light survivor gear, except for the head, and I’ve been returning from night raids pretty banged up.

For one thing, trying to slaughter a large group of Zs can be made very frustrating if there are necromancers hiding in the dark. I remember trying to butcher corpses then getting smashed by a revived hulk. I thought I killed the necromancer, but as it turned out, there was another one. Then I realize there’s three of them.

And getting hit by big boomer bile is dangerous at night, even for a well-armed survivor. You can’t see all of them, but they can all see you.