Moves per attack

I understand the “Moves per attack” count for how much moves you make when for example using a weapon. A sledgehammer would cost more for instance and a pocket knife would cost less. But I can see “Moves per attack” in every other object. So does for example wearing a jumpsuit with (101 MPA) would add “101” to my movement overall?

No, rsther everything can be used as a weapon. Everything.

Yes, everything is a weapon. Even that paper wrapper.

Typical roguelike silliness: everything can be wielded and used as weapon, even when they don’t make any sense :slight_smile:

Yes, everything is a weapon. Even that paper wrapper.[/quote]
Naturally the paper wrapper is not exactly a specialized zombie killing weapon. But that shouldn’t stop you.

Unless you want to survive. Then it probably should stop you.

I intend to kill a zombie with a paper wrapper now.

I recommend you first train killing zombies with a hammer or other bashing weapon, because you need a pretty good Bashing skill to do this.

Yes, I have killed a zombie with a paper wrapper before, in fact I have killed a zombie with a 6" piece of string.
My next goal is to find a Zombie Hulk and beat it to death with said piece of string. For reference, a six inch piece of string has a Bash damage score of negative 20, and a moves per attack of 65.
I highly suspect I will die horribly, but my bash skill is pretty high and I am a Beast mutant with CBM Hydraulic Muscles.
My character has very few things to achieve aside from killing (atleast one of) every creature that exists, and a few other arbitrary goals.

Death by cup of tea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx1XhlPIeEM

[quote=“VampyreLord, post:8, topic:3585”]Death by cup of tea: http://www.youtube.co
m/watch?v=cx1XhlPIeEM
[/quote]
Death By Spoon

Because you don’t have any graphic nor sound indicator whatsoever this far to the game’s build, if you carry a twenty-volume object in your hands this should alarm you a bit, since you haven’t dropped it so to pick a more suitable tool.
What’s to be said, anyway… people just hate to read. :stuck_out_tongue:

I tend to forget I’m wielding a steel frame (if, say, I’m moving a ton of items back and forth and I dropped my nodachi), so I’ve had instances of trying to bludgeon a zombie with a steel frame or in once instance a V8 Engine. It gets ridiculous when my character is still dodging like Agent Smith or Monsoon while rearing back to attack.

Also yeah, throwing is ridiculous in this game when you can kill a zombie with paper AND pulp the corpse. The railgun mod takes it up to twelve by allowing you to launch metal objects at Mach speed.

[quote=“Lost, post:11, topic:3585”]I tend to forget I’m wielding a steel frame (if, say, I’m moving a ton of items back and forth and I dropped my nodachi), so I’ve had instances of trying to bludgeon a zombie with a steel frame or in once instance a V8 Engine. It gets ridiculous when my character is still dodging like Agent Smith or Monsoon while rearing back to attack.

Also yeah, throwing is ridiculous in this game when you can kill a zombie with paper AND pulp the corpse. The railgun mod takes it up to twelve by allowing you to launch metal objects at Mach speed.[/quote]

but I still can’t launch a Mininuke farther than I can throw it

That’s because Mininukes are considered plastic as well as possibly steel, and if it is both, then the plastic tag is overwriting the steel tag for the railgun effects.

That’s because Mininukes are considered plastic as well as possibly steel, and if it is both, then the plastic tag is overwriting the steel tag for the railgun effects.[/quote]

Mini-nukes are affected by the railgun, it’s just 20 pounds and for whatever reason Hydraulic Muscles at 30 strength and Railgun gets you two tiles of distance.

I recommend you first train killing zombies with a hammer or other bashing weapon, because you need a pretty good Bashing skill to do this.

Yes, I have killed a zombie with a paper wrapper before, in fact I have killed a zombie with a 6" piece of string.
My next goal is to find a Zombie Hulk and beat it to death with said piece of string. For reference, a six inch piece of string has a Bash damage score of negative 20, and a moves per attack of 65.
I highly suspect I will die horribly, but my bash skill is pretty high and I am a Beast mutant with CBM Hydraulic Muscles.
My character has very few things to achieve aside from killing (atleast one of) every creature that exists, and a few other arbitrary goals.[/quote]

I decided to do the following.

1: Beat a Jabberwock to death with a 6 inch piece of string.
2: Beat two Jabberwock to death with a 6 inch piece of string. At the same time.
3: Beat a Jabberwock to death with an anvil.
4: Beat a Jabberwock to death with a vehicle welding rig (0 bash/slash, -2 to hit, 2085 moves to attack).

I did all of these. Yet I have difficulty clearing out even small portions of a town at a spawn rate of 50. I have a feeling the 50 spawn rate is intended as a joke.

when more spawn per turn than you can kill, then the jokes on you

Less a joke and more, “Set the max far, far above what is reasonable so I don’t have to worry about it being too low for real experts”. That having been said it actually spawns about 2x as many zombies as I intended at first, so 25 is what I intended the max to be.

I’ve (with heavy, heavy cheating, basically making my character a cyborg Rambo with unlimited ammo) cleared out about 5 blocks of 50.0 spawn rate suburb, and even then nearly got myself killed several times by e.g. getting caught between an approaching group of zombies and a raging inferno. Then I realized that after fighting across those few blocks for several hours, I was coming up on the time when some of the corpses behind me would start reviving 0_0

So yea, 50x spawn rate is pretty much unplayable in any way remotely related to the main game, it’s effectively an entirely different game.

Less a joke and more, “Set the max far, far above what is reasonable so I don’t have to worry about it being too low for real experts”. That having been said it actually spawns about 2x as many zombies as I intended at first, so 25 is what I intended the max to be.

I’ve (with heavy, heavy cheating, basically making my character a cyborg Rambo with unlimited ammo) cleared out about 5 blocks of 50.0 spawn rate suburb, and even then nearly got myself killed several times by e.g. getting caught between an approaching group of zombies and a raging inferno. Then I realized that after fighting across those few blocks for several hours, I was coming up on the time when some of the corpses behind me would start reviving 0_0

So yea, 50x spawn rate is pretty much unplayable in any way remotely related to the main game, it’s effectively an entirely different game.[/quote]

I did it by making a new map, keeping a character that had been alive for over 3 years, and putting them on a new map of 50.0

The only real problem was shocker zombies. The paralysis they give coupled with the sheer number of shockers you fight means they can drag you down to half health in seconds. Aside from that I used a nodachi as it pulverises most of what it hits meaning it doesn’t get up a second time, coupled with very generous sensory dulling and repair nanobots.

But yea, for a starter character it’s literally unplayable.