More Uses for Towels

(I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but I didn’t find anything by searching.)

I’d like to see a towel have more uses in game. There’s a few I can think of off the top of my head.

• boomer bile removal
  • be able to wet it to help reduce “warm/hot body part” penalties
  • weapon: rat-tail (crafted with towel and water, fairly low damage but applies a disproportionate amount of pain)
  • clean some of the gunk off of your vehicles
  • blindfolds (need a reason to want your character blinded, maybe enemies with a gaze attack have to make eye contact to do their worst damage)

I love that they are in there for at least some flavor, but they need to at least be able to wipe stuff other than water off of your face. Any other ideas?

If we had bathing a fluffy towel and housecoat should really provide a morale bonus.

Dryers should be able to do something.

Clean up liquids with it, like a mop can?

“A towel, [The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy] says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapors; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (such a mind-boggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can’t see it, it can’t see you); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.”
- Douglas Adams, The Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

[quote=“MarkB, post:5, topic:2960”]“A towel, [The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy] says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapors; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (such a mind-boggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can’t see it, it can’t see you); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.”
- Douglas Adams, The Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy[/quote]
LOGIC OVERLOADDDD

Damn you MarkB I was going to make that reference :wink:

Wait… Hitchhikers reference?

Must… Resist… Quoting… Everything…

[center]An error has occurred: Fingers_Position= -999[/center]

I was just gonna be all like “I don’t dig the way you’re going with this” on the OP and add some smiley faces from the sexual context pool, but MarkB has beaten me to it.

I want the South Park reference in the description of the ingame Towel. The one where it’s addicted.