More games for the Handheld game system?

When I found my first Handheld game system, I said to myself “wouldn’t it be cool if using this actually let me play a few games, like with the MDF Game Player in System Shock 2?” The fact that it does actually let me play a few simple games within the game is awesome, and I was wondering, is there’s any plans to put a couple more games in to play beyond the current three?

tetriz wuld be a cool game.

That would actually be pretty cool. I think it would be fun to have some kind of simple ASCII game with just some very very basic turn based combat, with leveling up and crap but no items. Everything could be so simple & condensed that it wouldn’t take up that big of a part of the code, for example, you could just have one little @ as you, and you go around a black background killing little z’s, so it’s like Cataclysm combat, except more arcade-like and light hearted.

Maybe Berserk! the Roguelike?

I think that’s both a little too modern, and a little too complex as a game within a game. I think it should be kept to relatively simple classic and/or obscure arcade and puzzle games; we don’t want them to distract too much from the actual game after all. Any attempt at including an RPG-like game should be as simple and basic example of the genre as can be managed; maybe just a port of the original Rogue?

something like the SS13 arcade machines?

I spent a fair amount of time waiting for SS2 research to complete playing Swine Hunter. Eel Zapper in SS1 was a classic.

supports the idea

As for arcade machines, we have 'em in-game, but there’s no power, so they wouldn’t run.

I would only support this if it gave you an item for winning, specifically something useful and otherwise near-impossible to get (and the game took time to play) so you can be huddled in a corner, frantically playing a random-based game so you can fight off the giant bears outside.

I would only support this if it gave you an item for winning, specifically something useful and otherwise near-impossible to get (and the game took time to play) so you can be huddled in a corner, frantically playing a random-based game so you can fight off the giant bears outside.[/quote]
If those things are made by the Cataclysm equivalent of Nintendo, you can just fight the bears with the game system.

Play CDDA inside CDDA.

That would be interesting. We could have a type of challenge game that consisted on seeing how deep you could go.

Actually, that’s pretty possible.

Play CDDA: Defence mode while playing CDDA: Survival.

Have an easter egg that when you play a lot of videogames, you can enter a videogame whilst sleeping. The Tetris Effect.

GAME OVER! You’ve died!

You wake up