More Gamemodes!

I think the game should get more Gamemodes. I believe there is so few but there can be so many possibilities!
It would bring something fresh to the table and give something else people can enjoy with it!

Here is an idea that I have
Zombie mode: Play as any zombie type around the start of the apocalypse and try to kill/infect NPC’s (Probably should fix NPC’s before doing this, and probably might be difficult to put in to put in intelligent AI for the gamemode alone)

[hr]
Feel free to decide any more gamemodes you can think of.

Definitely agree, but I think the game should be more polished before going through this stuff.

Also something about being part of a wandering squad of the National Guard, complete with an APC and a single truck of emergency supplies. It kinda applies well with the lore assuming martial law and stuff. You either roam around with the squad to look for civilians or try to hold up an outpost that has semi-functioning comms with other squads.

Far-fetched, yes. But sounds awesome on paper

At least we can have different game styles mixing Scenarios, Professions and Starting Points. For something that i heard a long time ago(i guess, at the old forums? Only found one reference through search…) and would be cool as a scenario…

Journey To The East: to the west, a mass of zombie hordes expanding infinitely to north and south, slowly and inexorably going to the east. Only option of survival is to keep pushing to the east, outrunning the hordes for as much time it’s possible to do it so.

YES

If anything this would probably need to be Journey to the West, considering you are supposed to be in New England with the ocean fairly close to the East (once we get overmap design in, of course).

That said I find it pretty unlikely that something like this stuff is gonna go in. Pretty much all of the devs are busy with the never-ending list of fixes and improvements that the main game needs, so it’s rather unlikely any of them will take the time to basically code in a whole new game on the Cata engine.

[quote=“Headset-less, post:2, topic:7595”]Definitely agree, but I think the game should be more polished before going through this stuff.

Also something about being part of a wandering squad of the National Guard, complete with an APC and a single truck of emergency supplies. It kinda applies well with the lore assuming martial law and stuff. You either roam around with the squad to look for civilians or try to hold up an outpost that has semi-functioning comms with other squads.

Far-fetched, yes. But sounds awesome on paper[/quote]
Oh and then some rescued survivors have a chance to turn on you and become part of the horde, possibly infecting you and any other survivors.

Then it could come as a moral grey area for you are not sure if they are just sick with a flu or infected with goo and you have to decide to leave them on their own or not as if they are just sick chances are they won’t make it far in surviving.

I really like your idea. I would like to see more special modes.

Though it would require someone to implement them.

You are a farmhand. You go to work like any other day and suddenly the cataclysm struck. You spawn in a Zombie infested orchard Or farm. (Your choice)

The Orchard puts you in the middle of a fruit tree field with zombies wandering around. +1 trait points.

You spawn with a knife, sheath, Jeans, long sleeve shirt, sunglasses, workers/gardening gloves, boots, and socks.

The Farm will spawn you in a farm field. -2 trait points

You spawn with a pitch fork or trowel, Jeans, long sleeve shirt, boots, ballcap, and socks.

If anything this would probably need to be Journey to the West, considering you are supposed to be in New England with the ocean fairly close to the East (once we get overmap design in, of course).

That said I find it pretty unlikely that something like this stuff is gonna go in. Pretty much all of the devs are busy with the never-ending list of fixes and improvements that the main game needs, so it’s rather unlikely any of them will take the time to basically code in a whole new game on the Cata engine.[/quote]
In most zombie media the journey is to the North. Unfortunately cata zombies don’t freeze in cold temperatures.