I am thinking about adding new evac shelter varities and want to get your feedback.
The ones which I think are good ideas and relatively uncontroversial:
- The unfinished evac shelter
- According to the lore (Newspaper snippet: READY FOR THE WORST. In response to growing public concern about a potential attack from China, President Oswald announced a major funding initiative for the construction of FEMA-supported evacuation shelters near major population sites.), all those evac shelters were built suddenly, so there is a decent chance that some of them did not get finished in time.
- Will probably have some materials nearby, as in stuff you find on a construction site but not as much as a whole evac shelter will take to build of course.
- The already used one
- A stream of refugees made it to the shelter, along with some military/police personnel, but they had to flee soon. Probably because of a horde approaching the shelter or other dangers.
- Includes a small grave. The inside will be a bit chaotic because they arrived and left in a hurry. Might also have some minor fortifications.
- The homeless camp
- Because all these evac shelters were basically uninhabited before the Cataclysm struck, some homeless made it their camp.
- Not as bad as the vandalized evac shelter, but it will be messy. Could include homeless NPCs.
The more potentially controversial ones, mostly because they might be unfair:
- The infested one
- Since all the evac shelters were vacant until now, some critters moved in.
- Maybe a wasp nest on the roof or spiders in the basement?
- Is probably too unfair.
- The wrongly built variant
- The apocalypse approaches fast, and more evac shelters need to be built. Even normal citizens start helping out, but unfortunately their lack of building knowledge shows and this shelter collapsed.
- Might have a shovel nearby so you can at least dig out the remaining supplies.