Morale boost : some tips?

mhh, i dunno. Best piercing weapon i could use is the punch dagger. And while equal skill (all lv5 atm) it just slightly do more damage while I loose the wide attack, knockback, block, parry I could get on other weapon I have. Mostly because it crit like already like 80% of the time.

If I find a good weapon I could try with something else. (Or if i find some hydrogen i could make diamond weapon, but i never find some and don’t even know where to look)

I have a hard time making some food … I don’t have enough salt/sugar/fat. And I can’t use booze/drugs because of my trait. (addiction). However knowing the how stacking works for the bonus help.

[quote=“Oragepoilu, post:21, topic:10794”]mhh, i dunno. Best piercing weapon i could use is the punch dagger. And while equal skill (all lv5 atm) it just slightly do more damage while I loose the wide attack, knockback, block, parry I could get on other weapon I have. Mostly because it crit like already like 80% of the time.

If I find a good weapon I could try with something else. (Or if i find some hydrogen i could make diamond weapon, but i never find some and don’t even know where to look)

I have a hard time making some food … I don’t have enough salt/sugar/fat. And I can’t use booze/drugs because of my trait. (addiction). However knowing the how stacking works for the bonus help.[/quote]

Good source of food is foraging bushes, if your outpost is near the forest you’re pretty much set food wise because you can just pick and find shittonnes of eggs and veggies. Granted both need to be cooked to be morale boosting, but it shouldn’t be a huge task…

Also when it comes to booze, as long as you don’t get wasted (stay tipsy) you’re pretty safe from getting an addiction from it. I often grab a can of (quenching) booze when i’m taking in water because it ups his morale and it gives him that 5 second +1 strength buff :stuck_out_tongue:

When i was saying food, it was more food morale bonus kind. Because i did a lab lock start and found BOTH light eater mutation and expanded digestive system I barely need any food, only water.

I found that some fruit can be made into sugar, but it need lye powder (from charcoal). Making charcoal is a bit long my itself (take down tree, move it back to home …), but the lye powder take AGES to craft (3 hours !). At this point I only craft some when I’m wounded, to get my health back. That’s quite a lot of time when you only want to make some kompot.

I could make salt from salt water, but I don’t know where to find some lol. I used all my salt into pink tablet.

I found a bee hive nearby, so I may have some sugar from it, but if bee doesn’t respawn it won’t be much.

Many (most?) pools of water in the swamp biomes will be salt water. You could set a fire next to the salt water and make salt to your heart’s content.

The survivor machete is really nice. The most recent announcement says that its speed has been buffed. Not sure how it stacks up now, but the Diamond Rapier, Rapier, RM 42 Fighting Knife, Diamond Knife, Steel Spear, and Combat Knife are some of the best weapons in the game DPS-wise, in roughly that order. They’re all piercing.

Damn right i can make salt from marsh.

Yeah survivor machete got down to 4 from 5 size (the basic machete size is 4).

I have yet to see what is the RM42 knife. And i never find hydrogen so diamond weapon aren’t gonna find their way to me. However, i tried the steel spear against brute, and found that it is no match against the survivor machete.

[quote=“Oragepoilu, post:15, topic:10794”]the problem is, i’m at 2 focus all the time, so basically i’m fighting for nothing.

I’m fighting into a swarm of ant, fungus and mostly blob, so i take hit from 8 side and attack with a weapon that give me melee, cutting, bashing. that’s 4 skills, it can eat a lot of focus.[/quote]

Morale is going to make very little difference at that point. Seriously, that’s not a good way to train.

Well using lot of food etc I was constant ±250 morale. with this I’v trained way faster up to lv8/9 those skill, so … more important, there is no way to up them as I didn’t find any book.

Finding a Mansion goes a long way to having as much books as you would ever need, really. They’re better than Libraries since they are often removed from the cities and apart from some generic zombies they tend to be lightly ‘defended’.

Also, food and shelter and all that good stuff. And they’ve got their own libraries inside of them that’s filled with fucktonnes of books, and bookcases you can dissasemble for wood and nails.

I have actually discovered a really big area around my base (more than two screen wide for me, 1920*1080) and i have yet to fin any bookstore, or mansion. Found a mall for no book inside but crap one. Some special building gave me interesting stuff, but I never found basic book (or, found before i would have already grind the skill).

However i have a tons of trifid, ant, sarcophageus, strange temple (3 !), crater with flying temple, labs (cleaned around 14 of them), but almost no military facility (3 bunker …).

I’m thinking about restarting a map with the same guy because of the loading time at this point (260 mo save folder), but I don’t know how to keep him, at best I can just duplicate his skill trough cheat menu, along with his stuff and mutation… annoying.

Transferring characters between worlds:

It certainly is possible! It’s just not currently possible via the in-game UI.

Make sure you’ve got everything you want to bring with you on your character. Leave your artifacts behind; they’re stored in a separate file.

Save and exit the game.

Go into your game’s save/worldname folder and find a file with a name that looks like #Uml2ZXQ=.SAV and make a copy of it.

Generate a new world like normal.

Copy the .SAV file into the new world’s folder.

Start the game up and load the save file. Note that you won’t begin in a starting shelter, so you may find yourself someplace :bangbang:FUN​:bangbang: when you start out.

Glad you were passing by. I needed to move the artifact file too, because i have one i don’t want to give up (life steal with -2 all stats & bad weather drawback only for a ring !), but it seems to works fine (minus torso encumbrance lol)

Guys are really helpful, thx for this.

Be fancy! Get that trait and become the top fashionista of the cataclysm. Wear monocle. Be a cannibal, eat smoked suckers. Find the rare UPS bionic and play your mp3 forever.

The mp3 and the fancy boost used to give my survivor a permanent state of happiness. Enough for a small speed boost, I recall.

Sound like that being stylish require that I do not wear useful clothes (survivor, power armor). So it would let me only get bonus from ring, etc, so +1 per item (maybe +2 for some ?)

At best case it will end for … like +10 ? +20 if I think enough of them ?
doesn’t sound a lot but could help. sadly i can’t get the trait unless I restart a dude, but i’ll think of it.

[quote=“Oragepoilu, post:33, topic:10794”]Sound like that being stylish require that I do not wear useful clothes (survivor, power armor). So it would let me only get bonus from ring, etc, so +1 per item (maybe +2 for some ?)

doesn’t sound a lot but could help. sadly i can’t get the trait unless I restart a dude, but i’ll think of it.[/quote]

There are quite a few non-encumbering items that can make your guy fancy and increase his morale. Fancy/Gold watches, Stylish Sunglasses, Top Hats, Monocles, Rings, Barettes, etc.
http://cdda.estilofusion.com/flags/FANCY (Plenty of fancy stuff in the game)

Right, doesn’t sound hard to stack up to +20 with it. Better than optimist !

[quote=“deknegt, post:34, topic:10794”][quote=“Oragepoilu, post:33, topic:10794”]Sound like that being stylish require that I do not wear useful clothes (survivor, power armor). So it would let me only get bonus from ring, etc, so +1 per item (maybe +2 for some ?)

doesn’t sound a lot but could help. sadly i can’t get the trait unless I restart a dude, but i’ll think of it.[/quote]

There are quite a few non-encumbering items that can make your guy fancy and increase his morale. Fancy/Gold watches, Stylish Sunglasses, Top Hats, Monocles, Rings, Barettes, etc.
http://cdda.estilofusion.com/flags/FANCY (Plenty of fancy stuff in the game)[/quote]

As I recall, there’s a cap on morale on being fancy. A 20 increase in morale is the highest you can get with fancy items. Adding more fancy items once you get 20 morale from being fancy won’t increase the fanciness morale further. But yeah, rings and whatnot doesn’t have layering penalties or encumbrance - except the dental grill, I think.

Tested, stuck at +20. That’s still way better than optimist and worth something.

I just died after a artefact teleported me in a wall so I’m gonna give a try anyway.

I recall that you need to be at 100 morale to be happy. MP3 players seem to be kinda finicky with its increases past 50 morale from it. At times it’ll quickly go up fast beyond 50, but sometimes it’ll be real slow.

After my latest survivor sadly died after surviving 30 days (90 day seasons), I can pretty much say using an instrument is the easiest way to keep your focus high at almost all times if you’re going to do a buttload of reading.

Simply sitting in a bright corner of the building wearing/using a saxophone almost kept his focus points above 70 at all times, if not closer to 100 most of the times. The only times it dipped was when he got hungry/thirsty and I had to do a quick coffee/meatzza break before returning back to the reading.

It’s also wonderful karma to know that he died trying to get his sax out of the trunk of the car, because I suddenly got ambushed by a horde in the middle of the night giving me no time to leg it.

Haha yes. My actual save have yet to find any instrument (I don’t know if there is some place with higher chance ?) but using gourmant & stylish I’m near elated. I hope i’ll find an atomic coffee maker soon. (stilysh +25, food ± 30 for both smoked meat and fish)

(I also hope i find more coffee supply, damn)