Modding *groups.json overwrites or adds?

monstergroups.json mod entries override completely anything with the same name, figured that out the hard way. Stupid goblins… The last to be loaded is the one that will make it into your world.

itemgroups.json has itemgroup->subtype:collection->id’s containing groups and itemgroup-> id’s containing items. Do these get overwritten if you have an identical id in your mod or are the groups/items added to the base games itemgroup entry with the same id?

This is the one I’m really curious about, I’m running a lot of mods and I have yet to see a tank.
vehicle_groups.json. It’s organized similarly to itemgroups, with an id for a group followed by a list of vehicles. Do mods overwrite a identically named id or add to it?

Items added to itemgroups are added without overriding, yeah. Most of the mods would be damn near unusable in combination if they weren’t. XP

Vehicle groups behaving in the same way, so it’s just monstergroups that are the odd one out.

Thank you. I was wondering about the vehicle_groups. I guess the tanks just have a low weight and there are a lot of vehicles in most of the other groups. I may have to cut down MMEP, he’s duplicated a lot of stuff in there which might be diluting the list even further if it duplicates rather than overrides.

Yeah, the tanks should be somewhat less common than they used to be due to nerfs. XP