Mod_targets in JSONs not accepting values

Apparently only “shotgun”, “smg”, “rifle” and “pistol” are valid mod_targets. Values such as “launcher” and “bow” don’t seem to work ingame, not showing up in the “used on” line, nor allowing actual mod attachment.

Version 3a3b489 (build 0.B-2733 experimental).

Reproducible on both a fresh world and on my save that saw many versions.

[quote=“Murphy, post:1, topic:8897”]Apparently only “shotgun”, “smg”, “rifle” and “pistol” are valid mod_targets. Values such as “launcher” and “bow” don’t seem to work ingame, not showing up in the “used on” line, nor allowing actual mod attachment.

Version 3a3b489 (build 0.B-2733 experimental).

Reproducible on both a fresh world and on my save that saw many versions.[/quote]
“You attach the improved iron sights to your RPG-7.”
“You attach the bow sight to your reflex recurve bow.”

You need locations to be present on both mod and weapon first, and attachment is definitely working (unless it’s been hardcoded), but it does indeed fail to show the valid weapon types in UI.

Now that I think of it, the messages are different.
When the mod doesn’t fit the type of gun: "That auto-fire mechanism cannot be attached to a launcher."
When the gun doesn’t have the respective slot: “Your accurized heavy rail rifle doesn’t have a slot for this mod.”

I’m getting a generic “You cannot attach a brass catcher to your Milkor MGL.” with no explanation why.

EDIT: in fact I can attach it to any launcher BUT Milkor MGL.
I think I figured out why: because of RELOAD_EJECT.
This is probably by design.