Missing Tile Checker -- A tool for tileset makers

This just saved me 3 hours of work. It found an entry I had left the " off of by spitting out a bool error and, more importantly, a line where the error happened.

Thank you for creating this tool.

No problem at all! Glad you enjoy it and it has been helpful. Does anyone have any added functionality they would like to have implemented? Even if it means expanding the scope of this project I would be more then happy to take a look at doing it.

[quote=“jcannon98188, post:17, topic:3874”]I will look into converting this to use mono instead of .net4 I can’t make any promises though. At very least I can write a CL version in python of something

If you download mono you should be able to run the program using scripts located HERE

This SHOULD work. If not, let me know. I don’t have a computer running linux and I don’t have ubuntu downloaded to run a VM off of. If it doesn’t I will dl ubuntu, setup a vm and see about getting this supported more.[/quote]

Hey, not sure what the progress is on this little utility, but despite all my efforts I cannot get it to run under Linux. A python version would be fantastic. Do you think you could put it (the python version) up as a project on github as well? It’d be nice to poke at the code and perhaps help extend its functionality. Thanks much!

Yeah, I will rewrite this in python when I get home. Most likely it will be command line only, as I don’t know any gui python stuff, but I can try.

umm i did what it says browse to correct files and folder I press scan and it crases

error can not find instruments.json

Just put the file instruments.json in \data\json\items. It would be empty and contain [].

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to check in and apologize for never getting the python version online. I have had some computer issues and unfortunately have not had a chance to invest any time into this tool or playing Cata at all. I will attempt to recreate this program when I get the chance, but until then I have uploaded the source code for this to GitHub.

https://github.com/jcannon98188/CataclysmTileReader

This project is released under the “Unlicense” meaning you are free to do anything you want with it with or without credit etc. etc.

I installed Mono in Linux (Ubuntu) and the program will crash every time. I used the debug tools to figure out what is wrong and I found the issue, but I can’t do anything about it, because I’m no programmer.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file “/home/---------/Cataclysm-DDA/data/json\items\ammo.json”.

No wonder it does not work. Any Idea how to fix this?

EDIT: Nervermind I got this to work after some fiddling with the code. Should’ve done this first.

OK: Having no clue about Github I somehow managed to upload the modified version. Just download the file CataclysmTileReader.tar.gz from here: https://github.com/Gladius1/CataclysmTileReader.git

Install mono-complete with Synaptics and just run the program. It should work now.

this tool just does not work any more on win7 exp tile builds I click check and it crashes

As an alternative, here’s a patch for the game that will log missing tiles to your debug.log file: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/11709

Ah, I am sorely disappointed that this doesn’t work.

Does the patch posted a page back not work anymore? All I am getting are missing color messages in my log and no info about what tiles are missing. Using RetroDays btw.