Military outpost

I’ve just found military outpost with Thugs and Raiders. There were also some captives NPC’s. Is this just a random occurrence, or a part of some quest? Don’t want to ruin that by killing everyone off beforehand.

Thanks.

[quote=“Lesseps, post:1, topic:13935”]I’ve just found military outpost with Thugs and Raiders. There were also some captives NPC’s. Is this just a random occurrence, or a part of some quest? Don’t want to ruin that by killing everyone off beforehand.

Thanks.[/quote]

It’s just a generated map thing. Careful, the bandits are equipped with assault rifles (M4 carbines) and in the basement contains a ton of military zombies and their loot.

Good luck, happy hunting.

Is that a good place to establish a base overall? Got tired of road life.

Never tried it, but yeah it’s definitely doable. You should be able to farm and the walls would protect from wandering hordes if you have them on.

It’s not a bad place. Lots of space, strong walls, and there’s a source of water in some of the basement floors.

That said, you might want to do something about the massive minefield, perhaps. There’s like 600 mines scattered on the outer area.

600 mines sounds like a bad chance of disarming all of them without an accident. Will probably just keep it for now. I think I saw you telling something about mines as a source of gunpowder in another thread?

Throw rocks at them - problem solved. (No gunpowder, though.)