Melee Weapons

I prefer to fight without a weapon in melee. But I have a soft spot for the pointy stick. It doubles as a cooking tool as well. Also, if I want to have a better weapon, I can upgrade it. I like upgrades.

if you use unarmed, you may want to trade your pointy stick for a skewer, not as a weapon but as a utility.

use your knife to cut up a wooden object (doesn’t work on pointy stick,b but works with 2x4 and heavy stick) and you get skewers, 0 weight 0 volume.

As soon as I start a new game I go right for the Knife spear, but with the addition of Nord and the Crude sword my choices have changed. I stick with the Crude Sword or Nord until I am blessed with finding a rapier or broadsword. :smiley:

I just realized that I can craft a wood spear with some easy to find components , it like a pointy stick but almost twice as good. And then there is the knife spear - even better but harder to craft.

if you have the survival, a stick, your pocketknife, and string… everything you need is in the shelter.

Actually all you need is Survival 1- smash a window in the shelter, cut up the curtains for rags, break the locker and use a rock to hammer the metal bits into a spike, and you are good to go. Getting survival 1 is easy too, just pick underbrush for like 3 IRL minutes.