Mehr Licht!

Will houses have lamps and cars have internal lamps in the future?
Also nights are unrealistically dark, I guess it depends on geography, but around here the moon is often so bright it’s casting sharp shadows, or shines through clouds like they weren’t there, and sometimes you can even see the dark side of it.
Also, when light hits a not completely black surface it bounces back and scatters, you don’t only see where you are lighting. I don’t know if it’s possible in this game though.

[quote=“Máté, post:1, topic:1401”]Will houses have lamps and cars have internal lamps in the future?
Also nights are unrealistically dark, I guess it depends on geography, but around here the moon is often so bright it’s casting sharp shadows, or shines through clouds like they weren’t there, and sometimes you can even see the dark side of it.
Also, when light hits a not completely black surface it bounces back and scatters, you don’t only see where you are lighting. I don’t know if it’s possible in this game though.[/quote]

lack of total light would indeed increase the effectiveness of the moon.

HOWEVER; There has recently been an apocalypse. there’s no telling what the sky is really like. maybe the moon is gone?

also, game balance. if you could see ‘almost’ as easily at night as you could in the day, what’s the risk? but I think they’re talking of reworking the lighting so it’d be a ‘bit’ better.

not sure about the plans for lamps. i know kerosene lamps made it in though

I don’t have a problem with the current level of darkness at night, but it’d be a lot of fun to wire up your safe house with electrics and functional lighting.

It could work like there’s public lighting in towns and around bigger roads, but there’s a random event, say some time in the first year when the power plant stops working. Also, when you go from light to dark and vice versa your eyes would take a few minutes to adjust. And it wouldn’t be as bright as day at night, you’d just have a decreased sight radius and your sight would rely more on motion, after all people can see motion even if it’s dark. Also, there could be particularly dark nights when the sky is cloudy, there’s a storm or the moon is covered by Earth’s shadow, and there could be brighter nights when the sky is clean, and the air is more chilly, I guess.

Sense of motion could be represented somehow, like hearing, you could see big question marks and small question marks without knowing what they are until they are just a few tiles away.

[quote=“Máté, post:1, topic:1401”]Will houses have lamps and cars have internal lamps in the future?
Also, when light hits a not completely black surface it bounces back and scatters, you don’t only see where you are lighting. I don’t know if it’s possible in this game though.[/quote]
Phases of the moon are simulated ingame. Sometimes you can see further at night than normal.

i remembered a rumor about this but I always strive for full night vision or light amp goggles so i never knew if it was correct. well then

i remembered a rumor about this but I always strive for full night vision or light amp goggles so i never knew if it was correct. well then[/quote]
Yeah, FNV is pretty common as mutations go. Generally it’s one of the first things I end up with.

bear in mind it is probably just a rumour. can’t find the thread with it in.

I think it’s there, I’m in day 14 and I can see more, than my basic night vision should allow.

It’s not a rumor. It definitely does this.

[quote=“Iosyn, post:5, topic:1401”][quote=“Máté, post:1, topic:1401”]Will houses have lamps and cars have internal lamps in the future?
Phases of the moon are simulated ingame. Sometimes you can see further at night than normal.[/quote]

I noticed this recently, didn’t know what was happening, I thought I was going crazy.

Moon phases I am such a nerd for being excited about this detail.

Is it actually moon cycle based? I thought it was just clear vs. cloudy.

Supposed to be, but there’s no clear feedback. Apparently the PC can’t look up?