C8ce317 - No Dark Nighttime

c8ce317
SDL
Windows 7

I’ve hit a bug. I encounted it a month ago but found it non-repeating when I started a new game, so I never reported it. (it just went away). Its back.

Nighttime has come. Its 1:00 am. I noticed zombies chasing me, so I turned off my nightsight. (in this case, Cephalapod vision) - I then noticed nothing was dark. ANYWHERE. Its 1:00 am, and its daylight.

Has this bug been reported before? Is there a fix?

Edit: Additional information. If I start a new game, the problem doesn’t immediately seem to pop up, either in a new character/new world, or new character/same world. Playing a new character in the same world…no problem. Going back to the old character…fully lit night-time. Which makes the game, uh…hard.

Advice?

First suspect: full moon? If this crops up about the same length into the game on every game (and about 10 days or so into the default 14-day season, IIRC), that’s intentional but we never found a good way to display it on the UI. Cata and by extension DDA tracks moon phase and adds ambient light to nighttime accordingly. Depending on the situation, that can make night plenty bright.

Well, I’m on day 1 of summer now, and it was still going last night - and I can see as far as I zoom-out, except for the forests. I’ll wait another in-game night or two and see if it goes away. Perhaps I just missed this.

If that doesn’t turn out to be the problem. I seam to remember running into some weirdness with times being reported correctly across z-levels. Sorry, I never paid close enough attention to be able to report a bug.

Ok, it went away on night of day 2 of summer. So that was it. Gosh, I just can’t believe I never noticed that before. Boy do I feel wierd.