Medieval and Other Content [Merged]

Tempting, we lack a basic bare-minimum breastplate/cuirass. Wasn’t sure though.

Also on the list on things to ponder, a fire lance.

Do we have other flails than chain?
Also my viking needs his shroomdrink to ignore pain and Ulfberht to deliver some.

I just updated my experimental version and all of this modcontend is gone - did I break something or is this happening for anyone else?

That’s odd. The PR’s been merged, so the mod should be on there. Only part of the content’s been merged though, since I was PRing it in installments. @_@

The contend should be there - I get lots of errormessages that ID’s were not found and so on - I even have an armingsword in my cargo carrier -but it doesn’t count as a real item (this item wants to be an armingsword)

What. That’s odd, especially since the arming sword was on the PR since it was a weapons PR. O.o

got it working again by deleting and reinstalling the mod from the zip. Don’t know what happened there

Not sure either. I’m assuming you transferred a save from an older version that you’d put the dropbox version into, to a version of Cataclysm that had the github version on it?

Though if that’s the case, it should’ve been puking up errors about not finding the armor and shields, not the weapons. @_@

Don’t know. The only things missing at the moment are the shields and the fighting style book - can’t even find them in the wishlist.
The weapons are all there

Also the armor. As mentioned, the PR for Series 1 was only the weapons and the stuff needed to support them, namely bronze and the recipe book. ^^"

I wasn’t using the armors (yet), so I didn’t notice them.

Ah right. X3

EDIT: It also seems that when backporting the addition of fire lances from the PR to the full version, I messed up. Yay, delicious missing separators. Fixing.

There’s some cool medieval masks that could be implemented, like the Plague Doctor Mask or Masks of Shame that’s practical in craftable terms. It kinda fits the nuance of improvised gear.

Maybe. Giving it a whopping 1 EP would be funny too.

For now, working on balancing some armor.

Tempting, though it gets harder to stat them all to be unique, especially now that I had to remove stance-shifting. :V

Make em as guns with range of 1?

…eheheheh. What.

A range of 1 would be melee range. >_>

Yes, but wouldn’t it be easier to add firing mode to gun than it is to a melee weapon?
Like changing “firing mode” from 1-H to 2-H?
It’s a lil trick I used to mod melee weapons to Fallout back in days.

That can be used, but it looks very absurd. Just adding a use_action to transform, like the way I had it, is simpler. Thing is, Coolthulhu objected to this implementation, and I think fire modes would be even more insane.

sorry to ask but are the fighting styles implemented yet/again? I still have an unuseable skillbook for the martial arts that I cant use, and whishing for a new one doesn’t work either