Meal Ready to Eat

That MRE sounds good. Probally better than school lunches atleast.

Seriously, all the reviews I’ve read about the Russian MREs say that the ‘meat’ stuff in those cans is about 60% grease, and tastes like cat food. I’ve yet to read a single positive review of the meat stuff in the current Russian field rations. Even the Russians say that they taste horrible. On the bright side, the candy in them is supposed to be pretty tasty, and the drink mix is generally described as ‘inoffensive’ or ‘tolerable’ so that’s better than nothing.

On the other hand, the current French Army field rations are apparently so good that American soldiers are willing to trade four or five USA MREs for a single French one.

That being said, I don’t imagine there are many non-US MREs just lying around New England. Sure there’s probably some out there, but the question is, are there enough of them to warrant adding them to the game?

So, in the line of the different MRE thing, here’s one that I feel makes perfect sense to be around: Civilian MREs. A bit less food in them, and maybe tasting worse due to quite a few (Apparently) not having the FRH. And I think Civilian MREs would be more common to find laying around, at least in houses and the like.

Not really. At the end of a field exercise there are generally boxes of MREs left over from soldiers just not wanting to eat them. (some soldiers are picky eaters shrugs) So some of us box em up and take em home. A friend of mine brings home a box or two of extra MREs every AT because people simply didn’t want em.

1 Like

Who knows, perhaps some rich guy decided to be prepared and has a containerload of french MREs.
Or some odd army surplus owner decided to have ALL THE KINDS.