Mass Eating For a More Player Friendly Experience

Hello i have a simple but very useful idea to make the game a bit more player friendly, When you drop something, you can the choose the number of items in a stack, i propose this should be implemented into the E menu so as to alleviate spamming buttons over and over again to eat a box of cereal for instance

How about a prompt that pops up if there’s more than one portion of food/drink asking you how many you’d like to consume?

If you want to eat an entire box of cereal you could type in 12, and your character will chow down until they finish the food or they’re full.

Of course, if you order your character to eat say… 20 portions of cooked meat and they can only finish 7 before they’re full a prompt should pop up telling you you’re full and asking if you’d like to keep eating anyways.

I like this idea.

Sometimes you gotta eat, like, a thousand tacos at 3AM.

Thats also possible the only reason i was suggesting the system in the way i did is for the sake of simplicity

Months back I dropped a PR for an autoeat command that just made the PC eat until full, so you didn’t have to press the eat button over and over to eat a single item at a time.

Nobody seemed interested.

i’m tired of my hands hurting to eat a box of toast-ems

i really like the idea

[quote=“Rivet, post:3, topic:6203”]I like this idea.

Sometimes you gotta eat, like, a thousand tacos at 3AM.

[/quote]

Damn munchies, man…

[quote=“Rivet, post:3, topic:6203”]I like this idea.

Sometimes you gotta eat, like, a thousand tacos at 3AM.[/quote]

“Boy, I sure could go for 100 tacos right about now.”

[quote=“Gatleos, post:5, topic:6203”]Months back I dropped a PR for an autoeat command that just made the PC eat until full, so you didn’t have to press the eat button over and over to eat a single item at a time.

Nobody seemed interested.[/quote]

Never saw this - remember the PR #?

[quote=“Gatleos, post:5, topic:6203”]Months back I dropped a PR for an autoeat command that just made the PC eat until full, so you didn’t have to press the eat button over and over to eat a single item at a time.

Nobody seemed interested.[/quote]
Damn shame D:
Do you still have the code? You think you could try PRing it again?

Maybe eating could work like doping does. If you want to eat 5 cookies you press E, then 5 and select cookies.

I like this idea. Though it would probably be better if you pressed E, then cookies, then 5.

And you could select more foods if you wanted, like 5 cookies, 1 cracker, and 2 cornbreads or something.

Because doing 5 first means you have to remember what you wanted to eat 5 of.

I like this idea. Though it would probably be better if you pressed E, then cookies, then 5.

And you could select more foods if you wanted, like 5 cookies, 1 cracker, and 2 cornbreads or something.

Because doing 5 first means you have to remember what you wanted to eat 5 of.[/quote]
Most of the time you will only eat one thing so any “are you finished selecting what you will eat?” queries will become really annoying.

you repeated my post exactly