Making some fire

Ok hopefully this hasn’t been discussed too recently, but I’m just getting back into the game via nightly builds and the last time I played I remember you could create a firepit with Sykes and some other stuff with the fabrication menu. I’m not seeing that option anymore, so what’s the best way to create a fire area these days?

I just use matches with a deep hole. But i’m on the most recent stable build.

If you have the survival tool mod, there is an option in the build menu to make a campfire (20 rock) that will avoid fire spreading. Ya can even after make a shelter on it to avoid the rain, if it’s a problem for you …

The most convenient way is a brazier as you can move it and you never really need to keep a fire going, so the smoke isn’t a big deal (just light a skewer).

if you want an efficient way to keep a fire, make a fireplace (40 rock, need some skill), it doesn’t go to a raging fire and avoid burning too much at once (even if it’s still better to put here and here a plank manually instead, but more annoying)

Thanks guys! If I just put 9 rocks in a hollow square and fill the empty middle square with wood in the hall of a mansion, do you know if that will prevent fire spread?

It almost definitely will not. Fire needs to be contained by an actual construction, surrounding items will not affect the flammability of the floor.

Yeahhhhhh I got curious and tried it anyway…and by “tried out anyway” I mean “set fire to a dresser in the mansion to purify some water” and as I’m perusing the place for containers the action log starts filling itself with From the northwest you hear CRASH x27 so I go to the northwest to investigate and the whole place is engulfed in flames. So I run outside, hop in the police car I found working that had all my belongings in the trunk, that I backed up to the mansion front door so I wouldn’t have to get wet to transfer supplies. I hop in the driver’s seat, take control…and the battery is dead. It’s gonna be a long trek back to town…in this mounting storm. God this game is amazing

Hi,
It needs to be on rock or concrete and nothing around for the 3*3 area apart from the rocks and wood. It works really well, no smoke.
Demitri of fetunchini

Just create a makeshift hammer and bash yourself a Brazier, that way you can set fires anywhere and only end up dying because of smoke inhalation.

[quote=“deknegt, post:8, topic:10859”]Just create a makeshift hammer and bash yourself a Brazier, that way you can set fires anywhere and only end up dying because of smoke inhalation.[/quote] i allways wear gas mask, it helps alot and smoke conceal your scent

reason why i wear gas mask? flu and cold

[quote=“Arek_PL, post:9, topic:10859”][quote=“deknegt, post:8, topic:10859”]Just create a makeshift hammer and bash yourself a Brazier, that way you can set fires anywhere and only end up dying because of smoke inhalation.[/quote] i allways wear gas mask, it helps alot and smoke conceal your scent

reason why i wear gas mask? flu and cold[/quote]

Also they make bloated zombies about as dangerous as a kitten made of paper maché

[quote=“deknegt, post:10, topic:10859”][quote=“Arek_PL, post:9, topic:10859”][quote=“deknegt, post:8, topic:10859”]Just create a makeshift hammer and bash yourself a Brazier, that way you can set fires anywhere and only end up dying because of smoke inhalation.[/quote] i allways wear gas mask, it helps alot and smoke conceal your scent

Also they make bloated zombies about as dangerous as a kitten made of paper maché[/quote]

That makes me wonder, though. Bloated Zs release what seems to be a pretty nasty gas on death. Surely that would be somewhat harmful to uncovered skin, yeah?

[quote=“Azrad, post:11, topic:10859”][quote=“deknegt, post:10, topic:10859”][quote=“Arek_PL, post:9, topic:10859”][quote=“deknegt, post:8, topic:10859”]Just create a makeshift hammer and bash yourself a Brazier, that way you can set fires anywhere and only end up dying because of smoke inhalation.[/quote] i allways wear gas mask, it helps alot and smoke conceal your scent

Also they make bloated zombies about as dangerous as a kitten made of paper maché[/quote]

That makes me wonder, though. Bloated Zs release what seems to be a pretty nasty gas on death. Surely that would be somewhat harmful to uncovered skin, yeah?[/quote]

The state of California has determined that bloated zombie gas is an inhalation hazard only and not a blistering or nerve agent. It does however contain chemicals known to cause cancer.

[quote=“TheWumpus, post:12, topic:10859”][quote=“Azrad, post:11, topic:10859”][quote=“deknegt, post:10, topic:10859”][quote=“Arek_PL, post:9, topic:10859”][quote=“deknegt, post:8, topic:10859”]Just create a makeshift hammer and bash yourself a Brazier, that way you can set fires anywhere and only end up dying because of smoke inhalation.[/quote] i allways wear gas mask, it helps alot and smoke conceal your scent

That makes me wonder, though. Bloated Zs release what seems to be a pretty nasty gas on death. Surely that would be somewhat harmful to uncovered skin, yeah?[/quote]

The state of California has determined that bloated zombie gas is an inhalation hazard only and not a blistering or nerve agent. It does however contain chemicals known to cause cancer.[/quote]

Guess what else causes cancer. Go on, Guess.
They put it in the same category as freakin uranium.

There is no longer an Allahu in my Snackbar. Truly, a sad day for mankind.
Seriously the Illuminati is just a rumor to divert attention from the critical phases of the vegan feminist masterplan.

Besides I’ll probably die from the cholesterol first anyway.

When in doubt, do not do what THEY do not do.
Bacon isn’t kosher. Now you know why.

[quote=“Iosyn, post:13, topic:10859”] Guess what else causes cancer. Go on, Guess.
They put it in the same category as freakin uranium.

There is no longer an Allahu in my Snackbar. Truly, a sad day for mankind.
Seriously the Illuminati is just a rumor to divert attention from the critical phases of the vegan feminist masterplan.

Besides I’ll probably die from the cholesterol first anyway.[/quote]

The list of things NOT claimed to have caused cancer is shorter than the list of things that have been claimed to cause cancer. It’s completely ridiculous.

Even taking the latest claims entirely at face value, if you ate bacon every day for the rest of your life, your odds of getting cancer (of the types they say it raises your risk for) change from 3% to 4%. WOW. Not changing my diet over that.

Actually, I take that back. Considering the track record on hype like this, I might change my diet… to include MORE BACON. That’s how bad their track record is.

It has recently been discovered that research causes cancer in laboratory rats.

Also, I really like the typo in the headline on that article, ‘sausgages’. Nice. Now the whole article is in question and I will continue to eat bacon

Try to keep in mind that the scientists doing the research usually have no control over how their research is publicised.

Given a choice between giving up bacon and living longer, I know what I choose.

Besides, I smoke a pack a day. I could literally triple my bacon intake if I quit smoking. A pack of cigarettes is roughly equivalent to a pound of bacon in price. I could eat a pound of bacon a day if I quit smoking and probably save money in the long run.

bacon causes cancer? pfft, you can get skin cancer from sitting in the sun too long and from pretty much everything else. Just do what George Carlin said to do; eat your broccoli.