Making flamethrowers use diesel?

Hey guys,

I just wondered if it would be possible to add diesel as an ammunition to the various flamethrowers? As far as I know, it would be more realistic (as gasoline burns to quickly IRL) and it would allow you to construc a vehicle with a seperate fuel for the flamethrower and for the engine. It would also be kinda cool if the refillable lighter could also be made to take diesel as a fuel, thoug I don’t know how realistic that would be.

Isn’t napalm in the game? I thought napalm would be used in flamethrower instead of gasoline in IRL but that’s just an observation.

You could just go and see how the ammo conversion gunmod works and convert one

I guess something like this... { "type" : "GUNMOD", "id" : "retool_flamethrower", "name" : "diesel conversion kit", "location": "accessories", "weight" : 124, "color" : "green", "to_hit" : -1, "price" : 42000, "description" : "...", "symbol" : ":", "material" : ["steel", "null"], "volume" : 0, "cutting" : 0, "acceptable_ammo" : ["gasoline"], "mod_targets" : ["launcher"], "bashing" : 0, "skill_required": 2, "ammo_modifier" : "diesel" } You may need to edit the diesel ammo aswell to copy the traits off gas

and yea napalm exists… a pain in the ass to make… and not worth making…

That seems like a good idea. Maybe a tool mod like the rechargeable battery mod can be used to turn the refillable lighter also.

Diesel-fueled refillable lighter almost sounds as loco as a gasoline-fueled one. >.>

I’m just going to put this here

Technically, yes, but as Xfin pointed out, its really hard to make and not really worth it anyways. A “diesel-conversion” kit would make kind of sense, but AFAIK (I’m no expert on this, btw) pure diesel would be a lot more preferable to use than pure gasoline…

[quote=“Xfin, post:6, topic:10591”]I’m just going to put this here
[/quote]

Okay, I think THAT takes the cake there.

I can’t think of any worse idea for fueling a lighter short of using that self-igniting mixture used in that one model of early jet aircraft the Germans invented late in WWII. >.>

EDIT: Oh wait, it was the rocket-powered Me-167 that did that.

I guess a diesel conversion kit is practical but the fact that napalm is not worth to make its because no one wants to implement its use cause no one uses it so its not worth it to make and so on.

Well, a diesel flamethrower maybe, not sure if that works in real life. A lighter though…

I for once am going to implement naplam into my mod. Napalm needs some love!

You know, i don’t even know what liquid is even used in lighters

Thinking about it…
Shouldn’t the gasoline and lamp oil cookers have the firestarter action?

Some used their own specialized fluid, (lighter fuel) others use butane.

I run my Zippo on gasoline/kerosene/diesel whenever I’m out of naptha and can’t be bothered to go get more. It makes the first drag off my cigarette taste a bit odd, but it’s perfectly safe.

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:8, topic:10591”][quote=“Xfin, post:6, topic:10591”]I’m just going to put this here
[/quote]

I can’t think of any worse idea for fueling a lighter short of using that self-igniting mixture used in that one model of early jet aircraft the Germans invented late in WWII. >.>

EDIT: Oh wait, it was the rocket-powered Me-167 that did that.[/quote]

Well, looking through the files it looks like you can also use Napalm to fuel your jackhammer, hedge trimmer, chainsaw, etc… I guess this is a bit of bug, isn’t it? Although “Napalm-fueled chainsaw” does sound kinda intriguging… Come to think of it, why isn’t there a flaming version of the combat chainsaw? :smiley:

I run my Zippo on gasoline/kerosene/diesel whenever I’m out of naptha and can’t be bothered to go get more. It makes the first drag off my cigarette taste a bit odd, but it’s perfectly safe.[/quote]

I am actually impressed that works with diesel with just a spark. Interesting…

[quote=“Malaxxor, post:15, topic:10591”][quote=“Random_dragon, post:8, topic:10591”][quote=“Xfin, post:6, topic:10591”]I’m just going to put this here
[/quote]

EDIT: Oh wait, it was the rocket-powered Me-167 that did that.[/quote]

Well, looking through the files it looks like you can also use Napalm to fuel your jackhammer, hedge trimmer, chainsaw, etc… I guess this is a bit of bug, isn’t it? Although “Napalm-fueled chainsaw” does sound kinda intriguging… Come to think of it, why isn’t there a flaming version of the combat chainsaw? :D[/quote]
Yea a minor bug with it sharing the same ammo type as gas
amusingly it unloaded as gas not napalm…

Obvious reason is because napalm is meant for the flamethrowers. The fact it works in gasoline tools is a consequence of that.

Unloading it as gasoline is similar to the issue of loading a sewing kit with sinew/yarn/plant fiber and unloading it as thread. Tools don’t care what item it’s loaded with, likely because otherwise you’d be unable to load a tool with a mixture of the available ammo for it, again a (buggy, but useful) benefit in the case of thread.

Yea it sound like something that would be fixed if guns could have more then one class of ammo they can be load with

[move]though I’m not sure why anyone would waste napalm on a lighter outside of a ‘lawl this is a thing’ image[/move]

That would be amusing, but possibly a hassle to implement.