Make the player enjoy the world around them

Just a little idea I had for immersion to make your character feel more a little more alive:

If your character is waiting around while the sun is shining they should take a moment to enjoy the sun and get a small morale boost depending on the season, larger in summer and/or spring smaller in autumn and/or winter (sun in winter is pretty nice though). The same if they wait around at night outdoors with a clear sky to gaze at the stars. Most people have never or very rarely seen the stars without artificial lighting blotting out many features of the night sky. Artificial lighting that is gone after the cataclysm. The last could be if you wait in a forest or on a river/lake(shore) tile and simply take the opportunity to take in the natural beauty of the place.

i mean, you could program that in, but it’d only be fair to do the opposite, have times when your character is just miserable, dislikes his surroundings or is uncomfortable, etc etc.

that said, its easy enough to make your character happy… i started my character off with manic mood swings and all you really need to do is give him a smartphone with some tunes and a book to read and he’s right as rain.

Throw me a few games and a means to play them and I’m all set up.

Though I would like to try playing golf same as that scene from ‘I am Legend’, but that’s just me being nostalgic.