I’ve been playing around with Magiclysm, and stumbled across GitHub - YASUYASUYASUYASU/Magiclysm_With_Magicitem: magiclysmのアドオンです, where I thought the enchanted bullets were a pretty cool idea.
They made their own custom guns and bullets, though, so I instead programmatically converted each existing factory-loaded bullet (with exclusions of paper cartridges, grenades, etc.) to be enchanted so you can load regular guns with them. Some of the effects from the original didn’t quite work, so I tweaked them around a bit.
What this mod offers:
- Fire bullets that ignite enemies (100% compared to 25% of incendiary)
- Ice bullets that freeze (read: stun) enemies
- Lightning bullets that bounce off of enemies (like chain lightning, but on a bullet)
- Earth bullets that explode into fragments
- EMP bullets that do EMP stuff to robots
- Acid bullets that splash acid
- Laser bullets with increased armor penetration
- Mana leech bullet that heals 3 mana (costs 5 mana to craft)
- Flashbang bullets that stuns and dazes
- “Black hole” bullets that apply a suction force to enemies and items
There is a recipe book for them that drops alongside other spellbook loot. Given how rare magic books already are, though, spawning is probably the easiest way to dive into it.
To balance them, I made them do a lot less damage, but this mod is for a more Borderlands-esque experience than any realism. Both the templates and the script that generates the bullets are in the repo so people can tweak the numbers themselves and apply it across all ammo types without any manual labor involved.
To install, just drag into where your mods folder is (be it cdda/Mods or cdda/data/mods) and add ‘magiclysm_magic_bullets’ to mods.json. Tested to work on 0.E-2 (You need the compat version) and the farthest experimental I’ve tried.
7/11/2020 Update: Added flashbang bullets, acid bullets, mana leech bullet, black hole bullet, and laser bullets.
10/13/2021 Update: Updated for stable 0.F-2.