Livestock Mod

Since farming is the one main avenue of food creation, would it be possible to add some livestock? I think the relatively recent faction system would help with this.

Two animals I think would be fairly simple to implement would be a chicken and a cow.

Chicken: Can butcher for some meat and feathers, periodically lays eggs at a nearby egg box. Eggs require incubator to hatch. Will eat free range until winter, where it requires a feed box. Short growth period.

Cow: Can butcher for a lot of meat and bones. Can activate grown female cow with bucket for milk. Will eat free range until winter, where it requires a feed box. Long growth period (four seasons?)

Main balance I’m thinking of is the food required in the winter, and the idea that animals periodically get sick (check with “e”) and require treatment. Also zombies killing them.

Thoughts?

Pigs, Cows and other farm animals are already ingame, as far as I know. you can find them on farms.
You can, however, only butcher them for meat/hides/feathers. Not sure how the interactions with those animals would work though, maybe you could also do something with the Chat-menu as well

Being able to shear sheep and ride horses would also be awesome.

[quote=“Kadian, post:2, topic:10165”]Pigs, Cows and other farm animals are already ingame, as far as I know. you can find them on farms.
You can, however, only butcher them for meat/hides/feathers. Not sure how the interactions with those animals would work though, maybe you could also do something with the Chat-menu as well[/quote]

[shame] a big actually killed me once in a farm, it’s true that i was drunk and on amphetamine withdrawal.[/shame]