Lighting: Very Dark even when standing in Daylight

So I’m using the 4cfcafe version of the game and I’m on like day 4 when I discovered a house with a wraith inside (I’m assuming this is part of a mod like Arcana because I can’t find mention of wraiths on the wiki) and so I foolishly fought it but when it grabbed me it changed my vision and I can only see so about 5 squares and the “Lighting” is always at Very Dark even when standing in full sunlight. Understandably this is ridiculously debilitating because I can’t craft or read anything. :l

Is this a bug or did the wraith screw with my guy’s vision? Whichever it is how do I fix it without going for the old “screwdriver to the temple” trick?

Wraith can give you the “darkness” effect. You should have gotten a message like “Your vision flickers and goes gray!” when this happens. The effect matches you description. The effect may not be listed in the character info, that might be considered a bug.

The effect will vanish when the wraith dies.

the old "screwdriver to the temple" trick?

Ok, now I’m curious, please explain.

Btw. the monster is part of the core data, it’s not from a mod. However, the effect was … uhm … non-functional until recently (long story: Enable the wraith monster by BevapDin · Pull Request #13342 · CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA · GitHub).

[quote=“BevapDin, post:2, topic:10802”]

the old “screwdriver to the temple” trick?

Ok, now I’m curious, please explain.[/quote]
I think Elando means the “shift+q” fix.

[quote=“jcd, post:3, topic:10802”][quote=“BevapDin, post:2, topic:10802”]

the old “screwdriver to the temple” trick?

Ok, now I’m curious, please explain.[/quote]
I think Elando means the “shift+q” fix.[/quote]

Indeed I do xD

But thanks BevapDin, now off to kill a Wraith…