Libraries?

These aren’t a thing yet. They need to be. Badly. Is there a way I can make buildings be a thing myself, or do I need to wait for you guys?

What do you mean? There are libraries.

Yeah, libraries seem to spawn just as often as any shop… which is to say, you can still get screwed out of them by RNG hate, but they’re there.

Also, if you’re not finding any, try clearing out a school; schools are totally full of books, with a dedicated library PLUS extra books in most of the rooms. (also, lots and lots and lots of child zombies)

Mansions also often have private libraries.

Sometimes they just take time to find, looking around and searching another city can often help.

Its a > thats brown. No backround.

Mansions can have pretty nice libraries too, and killing regular zeds may be easier on your morale.

(Not to mention the rest of the Mansion loot.)

I have been playing cataclysm for almost two years and have not found a single library. I know mansions and schools have good libraries, but schools are dangerous if you want to maintain morale. Mansions are awesome, especially when they have the room full of suits of plate mail and weapons, but they don’t spawn often enough to be reliable. Do libraries take up a three by three space on the map? because they should.

Seriously? That’s impossible. Even for RNG. The only thing I can think of is that you transported save files and messed up something.

SCREENIE:

I cleared out a city of that size in 0.8 and encountered no libraries, somehow (don’t have a screenshot, but it was a clean start on the stable version). I mentioned the school as an alternative because that’s exactly what I wound up doing. I found libraries in neighboring cities once I pushed out that far, so I concluded that the RNG can sometimes just be really weird.

I cleared out a city of that size in 0.8 and encountered no libraries, somehow (don’t have a screenshot, but it was a clean start on the stable version). I mentioned the school as an alternative because that’s exactly what I wound up doing. I found libraries in neighboring cities once I pushed out that far, so I concluded that the RNG can sometimes just be really weird.[/quote]

RNG does whatever the hell it wants, found two gun stores right next to each other once.

I cleared out a city of that size in 0.8 and encountered no libraries, somehow (don’t have a screenshot, but it was a clean start on the stable version). I mentioned the school as an alternative because that’s exactly what I wound up doing. I found libraries in neighboring cities once I pushed out that far, so I concluded that the RNG can sometimes just be really weird.[/quote]

I’ve had cities that generated without Libraries before, Gun stores, etc, though never had them generate consistently without any particular store.

RNG does whatever the hell it wants, found two gun stores right next to each other once.[/quote]

This. It’s probably worth mentioning that in the same game, the first two buildings down the road from my shelter were both garages, shortly followed by three grocery stores in close proximity. Random means random.

There’s something to be said for the randomness but two RL years of playing without seeing a library in any game? A little unbelievable. More then likely the icon blended in with the other icons and it wasn’t noticed. I played for a while with groceries before I realized they were there. They look like the houses but just darker on the map.

I agree, the law of large numbers would come into effect for the many games that can be played within a 2 year time.

I agree, the law of large numbers would come into effect for the many games that can be played within a 2 year time.[/quote]

Guys, guys, settle down. He meant two years GAME time…

And he sets season length to 1 day in options.

Situation: Explained!