Latest update deleted my in-progress mod

Latest experimental version. I was able to recover it from the “previous version” folder. It only removed the one mod (a fork of Aftershock plus some other bits), not the other one I made last night (paper cash blacklist), nor any of my previous ones.

It also didn’t fix the recurring crash I updated in hopes of fixing, when using the % menu.

You’re using the launcher to update your game right? IIRC the launcher moves the previous folder to somewhere else instead of deleting it, you just have to find it. Also, I believe Windows users have their save files stored in My Documents or Games, put your mods there.

Unless something changed, there’s no such folder programmed into the game.

I think bortz’s guess is right… In that case, there’s nothing we can do, as the launcher is a third party tool and bugs related to anything related to the launcher and not the game itself should be reported in the related GitHub.

Yes, using the launcher. Save files are in the game folder. The launcher has a Restore Previous Version function, so it makes sense for it to retain the files from the last version (in the folder I mentioned, which I already found).

So I guess it would be more accurate to say that installing the update failed to migrate one random mod (maybe others that I didn’t notice).

Yes, and if it isn’t there, it’s a bug. But as said, there’s nothing we can do about it, as this is a function of the Launcher, not the game itself…
So the only way to fix it would be to notify the maintainer of the launcher about it.