Latest experimental features

Yes multiple engines should be back to working.

Yes, all of those, some (rpm, gearing) were things I want in the game, but the way it was added left me no option other than throwing it all out.

Part of the offroad code is an earlier thing. That is, penalty for small wheels off the road. I didn’t check, but it’s unlikely that this part was reverted.

The “massive vehicles” (or whatever is it named now) mod may need obsoleting now.

Shame I understand why its been reverted in some respects but I did like the gear and RPM thing.

Instead of cars going 200mph we had at least more realistic speeds etc :).

Any way thanks for all the amazeing work every one that contributes to CDDA :slight_smile:

Wow, both the inventory and now the vehicles are fixed now? I think I’ll start playing again!

It was not, I ran your efficiency tests against the commit previous to that pr, and there was a distinct penalty for offroading.

It does, there will be some breakage related to this in the short term, that will be my focus until it’s all resolved.

Swappable storage battery doesn’t need skill/tools to install/remove now/again.

EDIT: Given there’s a mount, of course.

Holy shit I forgot this exists. We really need some less-thready, more wiki format for updates.

[ul][li]Faster drawing of nothing (can net 300+% extra FPS so pretty big deal)[/li]
[li]Can now aim ranged bionics[/li]
[li]Filthiness effects are now a mod, but filthiness itself is not (without the mod, it is only an eyesore for your OCD)[/li]
[li]Broken limbs heal gradually and not randomly[/li]
[li]Crafting clothing no longer requires you to reload the kit. You only need resources around.[/li]
[li]Nerf to energy content of gas and diesel - down to 33%[/li][/ul]

Whoever added craftable maple syrup I just want you to know this is my favorite new feature since I last downloaded the exp version!

not sure who made the changes but i like the non-fullscreen inventory window in the current experimentals, it seems like the UI has been getting some attention, looking good.

The 30 tile range limit for firearms was removed, however you can not currently see the range of a firearm. This makes ranged weapons, bows in particular, more realistic to use but slightly more tedious.

Not a direct player-facing feature, but I finally got travis builds working, this means every pull request and master build will run unit tests in addition to building the code, this means that as we continue to add unit tests, we can be more and more confident that changes aren’t breaking things.

Example: There’s a test that verifies that when you take medicine, it consumes charges of medicine. I think this has broken 3 or four times over the years, and the chance of that happening again without us noticing are very low. (unit tests aren’t infallible, so I’m not going to say it can’t happen :stuck_out_tongue: )

Also, over time unit tests help you increase the pace of adding features.

They finally got rid of that range cap??? That is like the best news ever, I haven’t played in like a month or two, too busy playing AoE2 HD, gonna grab a fresh copy right now and get into a bionic sniper run my lads.

The range of firearms is now properly visible as of version 6510 (Bows are now useful again)
Also not really a feature but worth mentioning, a ridiculous amount of bugfixes, stability improvements, optimizations, and other boring things that aren’t really visible.

Larger spaces in gas stations.
This allows for more space for standard cars to manuver and is now friendlyi[/i] to bigger cars.

New overmap generation system is in. It is less strict when it comes to individual overmaps, meaning generating perfect worlds is harder, but more resistant to common problems, such as lack of bandit cabins. Overall overmap quality should improve somewhat.

Health system (not hp, food health) got reworked. Eating healthy/unhealthy food will now have a noticeable effect on health.

Contained fires no longer require relighting to burn through all contents.

Everyone is probably aware, but it wasn’t mentioned here, so for archiving purposes:
There is a controversial requirement to be on heavy painkillers to install CBMs.

Dropping 32-bit Linux experimentals. I need feedback from anyone still using those, preferably at the Reddit thread (though I will try to read the linked forum thread, too).

Big big changes to consume menu courtesy of codemime:

Make metabolic mutations more interesting:

Summary: The fast metabolism family of mutations now allow faster stamina regeneration based on intensity. The cold blooded mutation family are now treated as slow metabolism as well.

1 Like

Added more informative text when trying to install bionics depending on player’s first aid skill

THe following excerpt was taken from the PR and modified due to changes in it:

Players with first aid skill levels 0 and 1 will get old vague messages about taking painkillers.
Players with first aid skill level 2, 3 and 4 will get a remark about it being less or more than half of the painkiller threshold.
Players with first aid skill level 5 and beyond (and players with MD profession) will get the percentage of painkillers need to allow installation will be shown.

1 Like

Several very interesting changes recently.
Significant changes to overmap road generation https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/21620
tl;dr “more natural roads”

Make welding goggles easier (and incidentally more rational) to craft https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/21638

Boring sounding “Losslessly compress all tiles” https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/21685
tl;dr ~30% smaller tilesets and noticeably faster tileset loading (~60% faster in absolute terms, but just for the tleset loading part).

Significant work in removing pointless game delays: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/21562