Latest experimental features

Well, a minor thing Rivet suggested has been moved from More Survival Tools to mainline. And speaking of that farming update…

Holy shit:

Looks like every open PR (except 2 ancient ones from 2014, somehow) that wasn’t branched from a fully-up-to-date copy of the master has been borked.

EDIT: This has since been fixed, thanks to Golgepapaz and DLaboratory (who both had separate PRs fixing this, cue delicious merge conflicts). Turned out to be a few duplicate entries in vehicle.cpp. It’s a wonder Jently didn’t puke up errors on seeing that.

Other fixes to assorted stuff, including a Tank mod fuckup on my end, have also been merged.

And once again, sorry for the way I handled the farming changes. @_@

Love the new features with Npcs, walked into an allied Npc and was greeted with a list of actions. Also telling them not to bash obstacles is amazing.

In this commit, I have a spelling issue:

https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/commit/79c73563de5b6cb982cae1246ae5dfd7ca7d7691

Storey vs. story

For the noun referring to a horizontal level of a building, story is the standard spelling in American English, and storey is preferred in all the other main varieties of English. The plural of the American story is stories, and the plural of the storey is storeys.

Source: http://grammarist.com/spelling/storey-story/

Such derp. Meanwhile, Coolthulhu added a nifty debug trait for messing with NPCs, a few technique-related bugs have been fixed, and…in More Survival Tools, wanderer now starts with a crossbow instead of a bow.

They’re now only colored when actually fruiting.

I merged Ozone’s menu work on the mod manager that splits up the mods into separate tabs, and as promised merged several more “blacklist” mods since they aren’t competing with the other mods for menu space any more.

Also of note, Coolthulhu’s addition of scaling skill gain as an option.

EDIT: Also, we now have artifact properties available to be cited in JSON files. Yesssss. Expect this to be quite useful soon.

Derp. It lets you multiply/divide how fast you gain experience from crafting, reading, etc. The max of 100x is likely gloriously insane.

And now, that PR I had that changes how to repair simple ranged weapons was merged. Slings, bows, and most non-guns in general can be repaired using sewing, soldering, or repair kits instead of gun repair kits. In exchange, they can’t be reinforced.

And since that PR included giving the arcana mod magic ranged weapons the relevant flag, there goes the only thing delaying my future update to said mod. X3

EDIT: Well, technically now the rainy weather here is the only thing standing in my way. Fucking satellites. ;w;

Merged chrahunt’s fix to mutation attacks (claws etc.) which makes them not attack stuff that died earlier in the attack and also writes out how hard did they hit.

Rivet’s armored leather jacket is in. 3 tailoring, 3 fabrication means it’s easy to get. Good protection, moderate encumbrance and moderate coverage. On paper looks like good early game/early midgame armor.

Survivor machete volume reduced to 4 (from 5). Due to increased attack speed, it is now one of the best non-diamond weapons available.

Vendors/player will never sell items below cost, but there’s still some room to program vendors to try to make a profit
Anvil recipe expanded to bootstrap blacksmithing; keep the theories about the first anvil, they’re still fun
Allow selecting climbing direction in experimental z-levels
Arcana mod mapgen fixes
Avoid refreshing morale penalty for hoarding if penalty is zero
Fix AIM source/destination check, look for coordinate position instead
fixups of some translations strings
Adds decomp_learn field to two-way radio, so you can learn how to make one by taking it apart
Giving NPCs stuff, NPCs avoiding (being traded) live grenades, healing NPCs with items

Also of note recently:

• Addition of a dynamic line option in NPC dialogue that differs based on trait (PR’d by me, code rewrote by Coolthulhu to behave sanely). Only used by the arsonist NPC at present, if trait checks can be made to affect available responses, this will have more utility in the future.

• PR altering how the game handles attempts to drop integral mods to a saner location (Kevin).

• Additional rebalancing of survivor machete (me). Primary effect was removing rapid attack, as it made it unfeasible to balance it relative to the normal machete.

• Pike tweaks in response to rebalancing of medieval weaponry (the derpdragon again). Weight reduction and damage buff.

• Rebalance of handloaded ammo in response to buffs of most factory loads (MauledByBears). Confusion ensues due to damage being 95% of factory levels, when other handloads went for 92% of factory damage.

• Fix of some options not caching on saving the game (DanmakuDan).

• Translations updates for Korean, Chinese, Russian, Taiwan, and Argentinian (VlasovVitaly).

• Packs of firecrackers fixed to vanish on running out of charges (Night-Pryanik).

• Addition of a variant of window that can be opened but lacks a curtain, fixing various oddities with transforming windows (OzoneH3).

• Removed the ability to remove all gunmods by unloading an empty weapon, due to the option existing in the gun use_action menu (moi).

• Prevents necromancers from raising pulped corpses, and makes corpse damage and other factors affect how long rezzing takes (Kevin). HP of target to raise might not best be the best balancing factor, but other alternatives are coming up in discussion. Size, difficulty, etc.

• Fix stationary gasoline tanks and leaking vehicles leaking entire jerrycans (DanmakuDan). This has to be the funniest bug I’ve seen in a while.

• Code to make holsters, sheaths, and other items dodge the layering penalty by being worn on different sides of the body (Mugling). Wristwatches also now can be worn on a hand as well.

• Ability to attach certain tools/weapons to belt loops (Mugling). Currently only the tool belt and firefighter’s belt make use of the new ability.

• Setting a preferred default character name no longer overrides NPC names (OzoneH3). No more Spartacus moments for you. o3o

• Fixed horde movement derping up until the RNG passes a roll (CIB).

Boulders and biter zed by jokermatt999
Boulders are furniture (and so can be pushed around, with enough strength) that can be smashed for rocks.
Biters are moderately fast grabbers with bad vision.

Electric attacks rebalance. They now cause a short term, heavy debuff instead of totally draining turns. Makes tazers a bit weak at the moment, but it will be rebalanced later.

NPC retroactive processing. NPCs left asleep will regenerate hp and fatigue, those left awake will get tired. May be wonky at the moment, with NPCs falling asleep standing.

Two last changes written by me, merged by Kevin.

And to add to it…

• Smoked meat volume has been tweaked, by Iosyn and merged by Rivet, for the sake of sanity relative to similar forms of preserved meat.

• Arcana mod series 7, by me and merged by Rivet. Mainly adds a few extra items to be learned from Sanguine Codex, Oaths to the Chalice, and To Master the Unknown. Adds the fourth mapgen area I had planned, giving a use to the remaining unique monster and item.

• Fix to a crash-inducing error, by DanmakuDan and merged by Kevin. Seems to have involved render settings that the SDL disliked, and fixing it so the code can unfuck itself in that particular case instead of counting on the user to do so.

• Update for MShock Modded tileset, by me and merged by Rivet. Additional thanks to Egomassive for providing some new and replacement sprites.

• Medieval mod series 3, also by me and also merged by Rivet. Some weapon rebalancing, and also ports over the martial arts from the dropbox version, medieval swordsmanship and pankration. Medieval swordsmanship’s displace-and-counter counter could be contrasted with fencing and its “auto-kill things while crafting” counters. Now if only we had off-hand support so I could rework shields to port over…

• More horde behavior unfucking by CIB, and merged by Kevin. Allows monsters to “re-join” a horde to prevent the player from gaming the system to halt horde movement tracking by emptying the spawn pool. Personally I agree with CIB’s original desire to make it an option so it could be tested first, but now its inbuilt. So hopefully it’ll work as intended.

On a more serious note, not sure how long it has been in, but engines now sometimes fail to start when damaged. I find this to be a great little touch, cheering the engine on as the Z close in on you and at the last moment your precious engine roaring to life and carrying you to safety just feels so good.

Acid rain seems to be dummied out, but if I recall it still can be forced on using the debug weather option. Lack of item damage means now it’ll just ruin everyone’s day, not their stuff.

And to get us back on-topic, among other things there’s the changes I PR’d for mutations and bionics. Fingerless gloves, leather gauntlets, handwraps and a few other items no longer interfere with natural weapons like claws or the fingertip razor bionic. The same applies to certain mouthwear and bite/peck attacks, and horns with…some headwear, I think. Not many. Footwear also gets the relevant flag, but right now there AREN’T any natural kick/toeclaw attacks that explicitly check for the presence of footwear.

The second change, fingertip razors give you a butcher quality. Claws sadly don’t yet.

And because I’m a maniac, listed up all the merges that have occurred since the PR I last mentioned.

• Mugling: Added the ability to have liquid crafting check for nearby containers, instead of just on one’s person, on the ground, or a nearby vehicle tank.

• Robik81: Added batch time factors to protein powder, assorted canned and pickled stuff, other canned soups/broths not yet given batch time factor, kompot, jam, and other dried stuff not given a batch time factor.

• Remyroy: Added keybinding for exiting the character generation screen, as an alternative to backpedaling through the chargen pages. The <pocalypse is thus averted.

• RogueYun: Name change of unshelled/shelled/something’d hickory nuts. Bloody English language and its shenanigans.

• Me: Added alternative recipe for straw beds in More Survival Tools, using pine boughs. Also reduced some of the requirements for wattle-and-daub walls, and thatched roofing.

• Illi-kun: Added documentation of various JSON flags that went undocumented. As a bonus, fixed an incorrect use of the “PARROT” flag in one monster.

• Remyroy: Added a thing apparently required to allow support for unofficial sound packs.

• DanmakuDan: Added some more fixes pertaining to map oddities, part of the oddball map lag that had plauged recent versions.

• 790: Fixed a segfault-causing bug that involved viewing ammo conversion kits and possibly other things.

• Sparr: Made dexterity have greater effect on whether moving through broken glass causes damage.

• Illi-kun: Restyle of vehicle part flags. Stylin’?

• The derpdragon again: Quickfix shifting the No Powered Armor Mod into the correct category. Was a holdover from before the blacklist

• Chaosvolt again (guess who?): Re-added recipes for snare triggers, light snare kits, and heavy snare kits in More Survival Tools. While its use is questionable in vanilla, at least as mod content it’s less objectionable.

• Me again: Update to MSHock Modded tileset. Aside from more assorted additions, also expanded the number of vehicle parts with separate sprites when broken.

• OzoneH3: Added an option in the crafting menu, to scroll the end product up and down. Yaaaay, no more bothering with the “e” key for that.

• Vickio: Added a thing for editing overmap files in-game. Since the prior debug option to spawn mapgen entries crashed half the time I tried it, this sounds bloody nifty.

• Mugling: Added the code providing the foundation for a reloading system using magazines. I’m not yet sure how this will play out in the long run, but I like what I see so far.

• Frost-wood: Added an l-stick. Light stick. It’s a quarterstaff. It’s a flashlight. It’s both!

• Night-Pryanik: Added makeshift knapsack, using pants. You can never have enough pants.

• Mutability: Added a beefed-up alternator, and a vehicle-based generator to make use of it. An engine meant purely to provide power no longer needs to be a Frankenstein’s monster loaded with multiple alternators.

Darkyhard: Added human variants of stomachs and skin. Human leather, for that authentic crafts-goblin-ship. Humanoid stomachs also come in larger variant for hypothetical giants, if you’re into sort of thing. o3o

Illi-kun: Added additional possible loot to various vehicles. Sundry items in a few ordiary vehicles, trash in shopping carts, additional military gear in military vehicles, other fun things.

Night-Pyranik: A typo fix in the code. The info tags strike again.

Ronik81: Added ability to pour soda out of its can, and other instances where flavor containers full of something couldn’t be extracted from due to the original container no counting as watertight.

Me: Changed small strings and long strings to count as ammo, allowing them to stack up to a certain point. This allows their volume to match up with that of short and long ropes, based on the amounts used to craft each item.

Also derpdragon: Various arcana mod tweaks. Buffs and nerfs to a few assorted items. Also of note, reducing armor values for the spirit of fire.

Illi-kin: Added ability to harvest wool staples from butchering sheep, and the ability to wash them to procure wool. Shearing the sheep has been plotted as a future idea, but for now? Punch the sheep. You know you want to.

Illi-kun: Fixed some weapon techniques that were mistakenly placed as flags in certain items.

Illi-kun: Updated some flags in various items, in general removing obselete ones. Also added more undocumented flags to documentation, and removed mention of obselete flags.

MehMuffin: Changed human broth to be perishable, to be consistent with its non-cannibal counterpart. Don’t worry, you’re still delicious.

DeeUnderscore: Changed farming of certain plants return multiple stacks, consitent with other plants returning multiple units/volume of the end-product.

Mugling: More code for their continued expansion of the new handling of holster/sheath/scabbard stuff. A check for determining if a holster-type thing can in fact holster a thing.

Remyroy: Makes sure that the earlier “allow nearby containers to pour craft output into” PR allows finding valid containers at the same range as finding crafting components.

BevapDin: Fixes a weird bug that makes wearable artifact items forget their on-wear traits in a haphazard manner if they’re layered wrong. Hell if I know HOW they discovered the actual cause of the bug, when not even the PR’er could reliably reproduce said bug.

Illi-kun: Shifts around some code for how body temp is handled. Apparently injury could make wearing items to warm up have the opposite effect.

I just noticed the new display for examining and viewing items. On one hand, I definitely like it. It’s a lot cleaner than the old one.

On the other hand, holy crap, the coloring. It’s like I’m playing Zombie Legend of Zelda all of a sudden.

[quote=“Nioca, post:958, topic:5582”]I just noticed the new display for examining and viewing items. On one hand, I definitely like it. It’s a lot cleaner than the old one.

On the other hand, holy crap, the coloring. It’s like I’m playing Zombie Legend of Zelda all of a sudden.[/quote]
The color choices are a bit… weird, but I guess it just takes time to get used to, that’s all. They’re a very good addition to the inventory screen indeed.

Speaking of colors, book recipes you haven’t learned yet no longer get highlighted, making all of them identical-grey on book (e)xamine. I don’t know who thought this is a good idea (if it’s not a bug), but I wish this was added back as a feature.

WHHAAAATTTTTT