Latest experimental features

Hmm, I see. I think I could possibly add such a thing, now to figure out stating it. I recall working on a scimitar for an unreleased mod, which I statted by taking the katana, reducing the cutting damage, bumping up the bash damage, burt ensuring overall damage was lower.

Wipes a single manly tear away Thank you sir for making a dream closer to (virtual) reality. I think you are on the right track with the scimitar idea.

Maybe, I think I’ll make this a cutlass though, to avoid discussion of whether it has to be compared to the massively shitty fencing saber. Plus it makes it less conspicuous among the more modern

In which case I’m eyeing the machete and broadsword as statistical basis, whereas the scimitar I worked on was derived strictly from the katana.

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:843, topic:5582”]Maybe, I think I’ll make this a cutlass though, to avoid discussion of whether it has to be compared to the massively shitty fencing saber. Plus it makes it less conspicuous among the more modern

In which case I’m eyeing the machete and broadsword as statistical basis, whereas the scimitar I worked on was derived strictly from the katana.[/quote]

I always imagined it like a machete but heavier with hacking bodies instead of brush but I’ve never held a cutlass though so just thoughts out loud.

Depends on the model, as there were both straight and curved versions, and in different lengths and weights. Were indeed used sometimes on land like a machete, as well as being handy in the tight quarters of a ship. But yeah, going with in between the machete and broadsword in terms in weight and other properties, which amusing does yield a mostly stastisically uniwue weapon, so that’s good.

And of course I’m adding a fake version. owo

EDIT: It’s now in the PR.

Okay I always wind up with knifey objects in Cata, despite my love for hatchets and giant axes hahaha. A cutlass will definitely be put to good use should I find one ingame. Woo!

Glad to see that Jarlaxle isn’t the only one who’ll enjoy it. owo

I am also technically a pirate in blood. A cutlass really ought to have crossed my mind before now. Yarr etc.

I wish I had new content to discover, but I keep doing the lab challenge and FAILING HORRENDOUSLY. Heh. There’s definitely more recipes for IED’s than I recall there ever being, though.

Between that and the first quote of that sig, it makes perfect sense why you’re doing the lab challenge.

Yaaarr, yer in it fer da booty.

I think the whole CCDA crowd is interested in getting the booty!! @/

Swiggity swooty? o3o

EDIT: Okay, are there SUPPOSED to be items in this ranch/barn/garage/silo combo thingy? Because the one I just found has a fat load of nothing in it. No goodies, no supplies, no crops, just one zombie dog.

EDIT 2: Fuck me, even the toilet’s empty!

I think things and npcs spawn in the ranch after you do quest chain somewhere else, refugee center maybe?

Oh ya, it is supposed to have been emptied out by the NPCs. Originally a couple of them started there from the beginning of the game but if you hadn’t been to the refugee center it would leave you a bit confused as to what they were talking about. The looting buildings function is done so I’ll add items and loot them them when the NPCs spawn.

Oh derp. =w=

But seriously, they even empty the toilet when they have a pond? The toilet tank maybe, but the sheer non-potability of the toilet’s water implies it’s from the bowl.

That Heavy Auto Shotty though…

For all the json mapgen writers out there, you can now place vehicles from a randomized selection rather than having to state the specific vehicle type every time. If you want an example, check out the vehicle placement in house_garage.json and the vehicle_groups.json where the ‘suburban_home’ group is defined.

Kevin’s light rework just landed. Expect light to look significantly different. It has some minor bugs that should be fixed soon.

Swiggity swooty. Also, 32x32 version of the Mshock Modded tileset. owo

EDIT: I see someone added a BURST_ONLY flag. Should add it to the M249 and other guns with no fire-select. Would need to check which all of the guns I added would need the same feature.

Yes, I am super excited to see that I will soon be able to use a 32x32 version of this excellent tileset too!

The other thing that I just saw is that Rivet has added a shaving kit that gives a small morale boost. I had the idea last year of adding things like toothpaste, and toothbrushes, which would give similar morale boosts when used, with water of course! This could be especially beneficial for those who choose to take the Stylish trait.

Maybe over the summer (when I’m not at university) I’ll get the time to read up on how to submit stuff for this awesome game… :slight_smile:

I wonder if it also increases vibrator effectiveness, just a thought.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:857, topic:5582”]Kevin’s light rework just landed. Expect light to look significantly different. It has some minor bugs that should be fixed soon.[/quote] Loving the new look! abit claustrophobic in comparison but that only makes it better :smiley:
No chance that’s related to what Random_dragon has been saying, Consoles not bright enough to read by. and in my own experience with the experimental- neither are the atomic nightlights ( altho both may also be features, dunno )