Latest experimental features: tangent and new feature discussion

Wow, that’s way more fun, great change.

The slow murder of the game in the name of “realism” continues.

[quote=“Thwap, post:21, topic:12750”]Wow, that’s way more fun, great change.

The slow murder of the game in the name of “realism” continues.[/quote]

Honestly, that’s actually a fair change of realism without really affecting the fun. I don’t usually memorize a cooking recipe in real life until I’ve cooked it a couple times. Unless every survivor has an Eidetic memory, the book I read three weeks ago with step by step instructions to build a signal module is not going to be perfectly remembered. Whereas, if I’ve built a couple of them already, the experience and steps are going to be much more vivid in my mind. Unless you were previously just burning all your skill books after reading them, they are still there. Just drop them near your crafting spot, and your golden, just like it was before.

For you. For others it is less fun.

For you. For others it is less fun.[/quote]

But how often are you crafting complex things completely away from your base? It’ll use nearby books, so just drop your book stash near your part stash, and it behaves exactly as it did before the change. The exact same behavior as before should be exactly the same amount of fun as before.

My mobile base with limited storage space you mean? That I now also have to keep a stack of books in?

Learning all recipes from books is now way more of a chore. But yeah, not everybody plays like you do. And this does change a few playstyles. If it influences them greatly I don’t know, have not tested it enough. I do however not really like it myself.

Optional things like this are inconsequential. It is also turned of by default.
That would be like saying that mods are direct changes to the game.
I do not play with real time. But it doesn t effect me at all .
If you provide a feature that can be turned on by those who want it like a mod
You will please those who like it and not effect those who don t.
The community can only gain from this. Therefor it is a good idea.

Which one of you was claiming that real-time mode was enabled by default? -_-

My mobile base with limited storage space you mean? That I now also have to keep a stack of books in?

Learning all recipes from books is now way more of a chore. But yeah, not everybody plays like you do. And this does change a few playstyles. If it influences them greatly I don’t know, have not tested it enough. I do however not really like it myself.[/quote]

And that’s a mechanical disadvantage of the mobile Do-It-All base playstyle then. Different playstyles have different advantages and disadvantages. Whereas stationary play styles have the advantage of practically unlimited storage space, they trade it off by consuming much more fuel and time to achieve loot, increasing even more as time goes on.

That was you. :slight_smile: at least you was the one the most vocal about it.

I think being able to do both would be nice. Being able to do a recipe immediately when you have a book is convenient when you have it around but allowing the player to memorize it before hand is good, too. Nice to have more options.

No game breaking bugs? Aren’t turrets and vehicle engines kind of utterly screwed up right now? Or was that fixed already?

And this saddens me because I love the Arcana mod. The Symbol of Judgement and the staff that shoots hellfire are my favourite weapons at the moment. I’m using an outdated version for fear of the bugs ruining everything so I’m not actually sure what other stuff is available for me.

I know this is super-old, but in case you are still interested, http://world.guns.ru/smg/rus/pca-41-r.html quotes PPSh mass with 71-round magazine as 5.45kg, and w/o as 3.63kg, from which trivial math and non-trivial assumptions suggest the magazine is ca. 1.82kg.

OTOH, https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Пистолет-пулемёт_Шпагина says it’s 5.3kg with LOADED magazine, so go figure…

Why shows the volume in milliliters? That totally unnecessary.

Same reason every single unit in the game lets you use 'murrican or metric units. The default volume unit is a quarter of a liter anyway. >.>

I know, but mL is an overdone. My 90 volume turned into 22500. Nobody care or want to calculate in that precision. We need something easy to use, an everyday used unit, deciliter or liter. But 1/4 liter was fine anyway…

I suspect it’s become most drink containers I’ve seen include milliliters as the secondary measurement unless they’re a full liter or 2-liter size. Then again that’s in Texas, no idea use of deciliters as a secondary measurement is a New England thing. :V

Canadian here, been metric forever, Never seen Deciliters used to mark anything outside of maybe scientific equipment. Its all milliliters and liters. With the occasional American import product still labeling Fluid Ounces.

Hard cap of 30? With weapons that typically have a range of double that? I’m not seeing how this works…

I mean, I already had the ability to hit things at this kind of range. What I wanted was the ability to snipe at max weapon range.