Larger minimap thing in the bottom right

Hey I was reading through John’s ''I will draw your survivor" thread and Sacriel uploaded a screenshot that had a minimap in the bottom right of the screen below the log that was just kind of like a larger minimap that’s always been in the top rightish. I’m just wondering as to what that is and if it’s a thing only on the tiles builds?

if you’re talking about what i think you’re talking about , i think you can enable that minimap by v or n , might be capital
and yeah , that minimap gives you the full sight of your character so you dont have to keep zooming out , really useful if you ask me

Do you play on tiles Gnorse?

Yeah , Chesthole tileset

It’s present in the tiles version even if you have tiles disabled, so you don’t have to give up ASCII graphics to get it.

Example:

Did it occur to you to press ESC and check the keybinds?

It’s a minimap drawn with pixels, turn it on/off with “,”.

EDIT : “N” mebbe

It is capital “N”, atleast as of the version I run and that I posted the screen shot on. As mentioned there, it’ll take a bit to learn to read it but basically: If it blinks red, it’s an enemy on the map that has noticed you. If it’s a red square that is not blinking, then it’s (likely) an enemy that just hasn’t noticed you. It gives you a nice surround view of your character so you don’t have to be zoomed all the way out.

youve got a nono bit in your picture, soul.

spoiler that spoiler.

but, thats a great showcase of the minimap. makes it look good

[quote=“pisskop, post:8, topic:12829”]youve got a nono bit in your picture, soul.

spoiler that spoiler.

but, thats a great showcase of the minimap. makes it look good[/quote]

I figured it small and innocuous enough to post free of context, but thanks for telling everybody that they should hunt for the spoiler in that image. Mosaic added to obscure the spoiler’s identity from the media. :stuck_out_tongue:

i loled