Variable delay between input (keypress) and action (output on the screen)

I am receiving either latency or draw stuttering with the latest few versions of Cataclysm:DDA.  There is a significant delay between pressing a key while driving (faster driving increases this delay) and the input being received by the game.  This was not present when I last played (several months ago.)

Instead of running smoothly, the game appears to stagger/stutter from something not being set properly?  While I have video of this, tagged on Youtube as "bug" and "Cataclysm:DDA" which can be searched as a video uploaded today, "[i]Sorry, you are not allowed to post external links.[/i]" is in place for some reason.

I have yet to post on GitHub about this being a bonafide bug as it could be a misconfiguration on my part.  I have attempted to adjust the settings under Options>Graphics, especially the “animations”, “Rain/SCT animations”,  “Fullscreen”, “Rendering Mode” and “Scaling”.  Additionally, I have attempted this without any tiles (console) with no effect.

Maybe somebody smarter than I can shed some light on what is going on in my game.

Cataclysm:DDA info:
[ul]Version: 0.C-19655-g25c76b0 (tiles)
Build: 5891
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1[/ul]
My system specs are as follows:
[ul]Processor: AMD FX™-6300 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Page File: 3408MB used, 12901MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: Acer V223WL(Analog)[/ul]