Labs are /dangerous/ now

I jus twish that all the enemys wouldn’t spawn in the same spot, but the good thing about it is that you get more bang for your buck when you use emp granades.

though, last time i visited a lab all the monsters just appeared in a few map segments.

[quote=“Nathan_, post:15, topic:7124”][quote=“John Candlebury, post:10, topic:7124”]So emm I havent been playing lately.

May I ask what new things spawn in them?[/quote]

this is right at the entrance by the way, there are more such rooms(and more in the various closets in this room).[/quote]OMFG where can I get that bitchin’ tileset???!!! Link???!!!

[quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:22, topic:7124”][quote=“Nathan_, post:15, topic:7124”][quote=“John Candlebury, post:10, topic:7124”]So emm I havent been playing lately.

this is right at the entrance by the way, there are more such rooms(and more in the various closets in this room).[/quote]OMFG where can I get that bitchin’ tileset???!!! Link???!!![/quote]

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=5746.0

[quote=“Terthna, post:20, topic:7124”][quote=“Murphy, post:19, topic:7124”]I know right? That’s what I was saying. Before the armor nerf they weren’t doing much damage and it’s cool that it’s fixed.

Btw, what’s a tanksuit?[/quote]

Sorry, but it’s the first thing I think of when I hear the words “tank suit”.[/quote]

Slang term for powered armor of the “heavy plates which need powered actuators, etc for you to move in 'em” variety. DoubleTech armor in DDA. Fallout is known for it.

[quote=“Nathan_, post:23, topic:7124”][quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:22, topic:7124”][quote=“Nathan_, post:15, topic:7124”][quote=“John Candlebury, post:10, topic:7124”]So emm I havent been playing lately.

this is right at the entrance by the way, there are more such rooms(and more in the various closets in this room).[/quote]OMFG where can I get that bitchin’ tileset???!!! Link???!!![/quote]

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=5746.0[/quote]Great thanks! I hate to sound like a noob, but how do I install again?

EDIT: nvm I got it.

I can’t seem to get to the bottom floor. It crashes everytime I try to go down.

This is the error message: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way

[quote=“123456789, post:26, topic:7124”]I can’t seem to get to the bottom floor. It crashes everytime I try to go down.

This is the error message: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way[/quote]

Do us a favour, if you’re playing a somewhat recent experimental version, go over to the bug reports forum, take a picture of the crash, outline what causes it, and tell us the version name.

[quote=“Datanazush, post:27, topic:7124”][quote=“123456789, post:26, topic:7124”]I can’t seem to get to the bottom floor. It crashes everytime I try to go down.

This is the error message: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way[/quote]

Do us a favour, if you’re playing a somewhat recent experimental version, go over to the bug reports forum, take a picture of the crash, outline what causes it, and tell us the version name.[/quote]

I’ve got a save posted in the bug forum with this particular crash along with all that. the game seems to hit some loop that takes a while to grind through, then it gives up and does the “terminate in an unsual way” thing.

[quote=“Nathan_, post:28, topic:7124”][quote=“Datanazush, post:27, topic:7124”][quote=“123456789, post:26, topic:7124”]I can’t seem to get to the bottom floor. It crashes everytime I try to go down.

Do us a favour, if you’re playing a somewhat recent experimental version, go over to the bug reports forum, take a picture of the crash, outline what causes it, and tell us the version name.[/quote]

I’ve got a save posted in the bug forum with this particular crash along with all that. the game seems to hit some loop that takes a while to grind through, then it gives up and does the “terminate in an unsual way” thing.[/quote]

I actually had that exact same bug, I had to give up and go to a different lab.

Turned out to be a divide-by-zero error in spawning. BevapDin fixed it and I’ve merged, so new worlds should be OK. Existing worlds have a fix in the hopper but it’s missing a piece ATM. Will merge it as soon as possible.

Reminds me of a guy who gets fireproof armor so he can fight a dragon but still burns to death. your armor is fireproof, have fun baking in it. That kind of thing. I imagine the survivor armor flexing under the hulks blows, crushing the soft human body inside.

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:5, topic:7124”]Oh no, labs are dangerous now.

/sarcasm[/quote]
what a cock :slight_smile:

[quote=“raephex, post:32, topic:7124”][quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:5, topic:7124”]Oh no, labs are dangerous now.

/sarcasm[/quote]
what a cock :)[/quote]

I know right? Who could this dashingly handsome, completer of the J-9 challenge, owns several characters that has lived past year 3, and knows the game’s flaws, exploits, and good parts like the back of his hand, be? A lab with more stuff to kill his characters is a welcome fucking challenge.

And I also know how to make a crowbar.

i would be fine with the labs if the monsters just didn’t spawn all at the entrance or concentrated like.

I think its best not to believe in nerfs, but i think there needs to be more ways of dealing with skitterbots/copbots taser thingy other than just a cbm derilict capacitance system, or artifacts.

perhaphs a grounding suit which is copper wires that ground you making the electricity do significantly less damage and stun

Man, I can’t wait till FunsizeNinja123 gets a working computer again. Then, we can all have great fun reading how he has effortlessly beaten each and every one of the new challenges that have recently been introduced to the game… :smiley:

I will fucking prevail watch me.

I can see you now running into a science lab with 20+ emp granades

An “+accruized reflex recurve bow”, 60 metal arrows, and a sword of some sort*, you mean.

When I get a computer I will make a moar blades mod. Mark my words.

Id download it.

Id download it.[/quote]

:slight_smile: