Kevlar Hulk name and description don't match his stats

I ran into one of these friendly gentlemen today. I’m not opposed in principle to a nearly unkillable baddie that armor piercing bullets and bodkin arrows bounce off of, is harder to damage than military armored vehicles, and can tapdance on a field of landmines without a scratch. However, describing them as having kevlar armor for skin implies that you should be using kevlar-piercing weapons (like armor piercing bullets, bodkin arrows, and landmines) to fight him, and that he should have armor in line with that granted by kevlar armor… so about 25 cut 15 bash on the high end… which is half of what Kevlar Hulk has.

May I suggest a name change to “Incredibly Durable Hulk” and a description change to something like “This enormous zombie is pockmarked with gleaming impact marks where bullets and shrapnel struck but failed to penetrate his mutated skin.”

1 Like

Bear in mind it might have multiple layers of kevlar and/or hardened skin and/or small bone plates on top.

1 Like

While its probably most powerfull fighter type zombie, its still just a zombie. Slow, stupid, walks into traps, burns, can be run over with car, or probably even by heavier bicycle on steroids. .308 rifles make short work of them, so is 8mm caseless pistol, and kiting is easy. At point when you see them regurally you should be able to melee them, or even unarmed-kill.
While its armor is quite a stretch, one could argue it has not only kevlar, but also thick skin and bone plating, and its a good little step at introducing more endgame content this game rylly needs.
And apperance-wise i imagine them as SGT Deathrow from dying light https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuuuBz6ALBw

1 Like