Re: map::board_vehicle: passenger (<null>) is already there

Been awhile but hi again guys. Sorry for the massive Necropost but I’ve just noticed this bug in the current stable (0.C).

Upon moving to the vehicle control tile DEBUG: map::board_vehicle: passenger (player) is already there pops up.
When attempting to accelerate the vehicle, the character seems moves through the vehicle as a vehicle himself-- upon leaving a vehicle tile a debug msg pops up reading map::unboard_vehicle vehicle was not found.
This throws the character a few map tiles before the movement stops, even at low speeds.

I feel like it’s due to certain things breaking off on impact, but I’d rather not rebuild a 7T plated RV beside an ant nest. >.>

[Edit] Siphoning the gasoline from the vehicle then refilling it seems to fix this for some reason.
Even though I have 100% Diesel tanks, partially filled water tanks and am currently only using an electric engine to move.
Then again the vehicle was constructed with a gas engine first.

[quote=“Iosyn, post:1, topic:9235”]Been awhile but hi again guys. Sorry for the massive Necropost but I’ve just noticed this bug in the current stable (0.C).

Upon moving to the vehicle control tile DEBUG: map::board_vehicle: passenger (player) is already there pops up.
When attempting to accelerate the vehicle, the character seems moves through the vehicle as a vehicle himself-- upon leaving a vehicle tile a debug msg pops up reading map::unboard_vehicle vehicle was not found.
This throws the character a few map tiles before the movement stops, even at low speeds.

I feel like it’s due to certain things breaking off on impact, but I’d rather not rebuild a 7T plated RV beside an ant nest. >.>

[Edit] Siphoning the gasoline from the vehicle then refilling it seems to fix this for some reason.
Even though I have 100% Diesel tanks, partially filled water tanks and am currently only using an electric engine to move.
Then again the vehicle was constructed with a gas engine first.[/quote]

You will notice I posted something on this earlier. Flying through windshield. For me, the vehicle stops moving, but my survivor flys for a long ways.

I think it’s because a corpse or body is being run over and occupies the seat. I haven’t been able to confirm that yet.

I believe you should have posted a new message, for current version, not bringing up one from code over 2+ years ago.

KA101 cuts out the phylactery, sending the zombie post back to the grave

Much better.

Welcome back, Iosyn, and sorry to hear that the bug’s spreading.