Just a small building suggestion

Now that we have cash cards, maybe have a little convenience store filled with different types of vending machines? I haven’t had the chance yet to see if cash cards actually WORK with vending machines, but I assume that is their function.

Was browsing through shadowrun 4e and saw something similar to this. Small building stuffed with vending units and maybe a bathroom or janitor closet.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but cash cards should only work if isuing bank processing centre (and on the top tier level processing centre of Visa/Mastercard/AmEx etc…) is still working. Which, I assume, according to overall cataclysm, isnt. Maybe there are some variation with crads with EMV-chip, and their ability to support offline authorisation but I dont know for sure.

Useful to mention about lack of power for ATM-s, either.

So they have to be little less than chunks of plastic.

As for vending machines (powered from some source) - I support the idea, and it would be useful to operate them via cash (and to merge cash in game, if it isnt there already). Or to break them loot (if they are not too sturdy)

I assume that since this is 2040, the cash card is just that… a CASH card rather than a bank card. Call it a credstick or something if that makes it clearer?

(raises hands up) Ok, I’m taking my previously inserted two cents back )

The power thing is a legitimate concern. Could be cool to look at every vending machine and salivate about the little plutonium cell that powers it. Or look at the vending machine and think about how many batteries it’s going to cost you to get it powered back up.

Of course, your other option is just to take a crowbar to the thing to get at the sweet, juicy contents.

Maybe there should be an advantage to keeping it intact? Increase enjoyment from cold drinks, for example? Or hot drinks if ambient temperatures are freezing?

[quote=“OvenBaker, post:5, topic:5217”]The power thing is a legitimate concern. Could be cool to look at every vending machine and salivate about the little plutonium cell that powers it. Or look at the vending machine and think about how many batteries it’s going to cost you to get it powered back up.

Of course, your other option is just to take a crowbar to the thing to get at the sweet, juicy contents.

Maybe there should be an advantage to keeping it intact? Increase enjoyment from cold drinks, for example? Or hot drinks if ambient temperatures are freezing?[/quote]

Noise would be an obvious reason to use a cash card instead of a crowbar, and I imagine that they would run on an internal power source (at least for the card reader part of it).

Would they really make vending machines take portable electricity in the future?

I’m sure they would still be plugged into the wall.

It would be cool to find free soda, batteries and/or plutonium cells in a vending machine…but…hmmmm… realistic?

Question: How do vending machines and cash cards currently work in the game? They were added weren’t they?

[quote=“Cherry, post:7, topic:5217”]Would they really make vending machines take portable electricity in the future?

I’m sure they would still be plugged into the wall.

It would be cool to find free soda, batteries and/or plutonium cells in a vending machine…but…hmmmm… realistic?

Question: How do vending machines and cash cards currently work in the game? They were added weren’t they?[/quote]

You could simply think of them as cash without paper also dont smash ATMs, as they will explode in your face, not before wishing you a nice day of course.

They would call teh cops. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnRJ0r0eivk ROBOTS!

I like OP’s idea and I don’t know how, but we gots ATM and cash working in 0.A. RC, you know? So it’s a perfect expansion to it.

Yeah the original cash cards PR was a very rough one done to basically get the framework into place. Now that it exists we can start to look at adding more types of vending machines to places (JSON buildings support adding any type of vending machine you like currently) and adding some more uses for them. :slight_smile:

On the subject of new vending machines, looking back at shadowrun there was one that vended cheap disposable clothing. Nothing fancy really, just a cheap pair of pants and shirt. Maybe a jumpsuit with nerfed storage or something. Also those Jap vending machines that vend beer.

Well, vending machines in 2040s could dispense a whole lot of different stuff…

[quote=“Zireael, post:13, topic:5217”]Well, vending machines in 2040s could dispense a whole lot of different stuff…[/quote]Ammo vending machines? The lore does state that gun laws were greatly relaxed in the months leading up to the Cataclysm. :smiley:

2040 Vending Machine store.
Vend-O-Mart
Only 3 employees: The owner, the guy who mops the floor, and the security robot.