IUSE Help

I’ve been trying to add what is essentially a nodachi that works like one of the medieval flaming weapons (flammenschwert, Rising Sun, etc.).
I’ve actually have the item’s on and off states in the game as chaos murakumo (off) and chaos murakumo (on), i’ve checked and I have made it in my game using the recipe i set for it.
What my problem is, is how to actually turn it on. For a while, I had the ZWEIFIRE_OFF/ON actions for it which turn it into a flammenschwert, since the flammenschwert’s code is what i have based it off of.
I’ve actually turned the action into “CHAOSMURA_OFF/ON” since I thought that’s how it worked.
The debug messages I get ingame are these:

What I want to know what an IUSE is, and how I can make one for my chaos murakumo. Thanks in advance.

Please wait with those until 0.C is out.

I have a rework for fire weapons waiting for feature freeze to be taken off (ie. waiting for 0.C) and once my rework is out, it will all be really easy and far less “dirty” than it is now. It will all be json stuff.
It won’t get into the game until the feature freeze is off anyway.

If you really want to make it work right now: you probably forgot to add lines for those IUSEs in src/item_factory.cpp. Search for other IUSEs and you’ll see a giant list of all IUSEs that map strings (like “FLAMMENSCHWERT_ON”) to functions (like “&iuse::flammenschwert_on”).

I’m just currently using it as my own save file, no intent on making it go into the game.
And since i’m a newbie at this coding business, hope you don’t mind, but where would src/item_factory.cpp be located?

[quote=“nomzynomnom, post:3, topic:8962”]I’m just currently using it as my own save file, no intent on making it go into the game.
And since i’m a newbie at this coding business, hope you don’t mind, but where would src/item_factory.cpp be located?[/quote]

Anything in src/ directory refers to game’s sources - ie. the part in C++, not executables or jsons.
Doing changes to that would require you to compile the game to even test it. You’d need to get git, download the sources, get codeblocks, edit sources and compile the game (takes about 2 hours total).

If you don’t know where src/item_factory.cpp is, then you probably didn’t code the function in src/iuse.cpp, meaning there’s no way for the game to know what does “CHAOSMURA_OFF” mean.

Learning how to compile the game can be valuable experience (and isn’t even that hard), but if you don’t want to bother, just wait for the update I mentioned earlier. When it gets in, you’ll be able to mod in flaming no-dachi without having to edit any source files and without compiling anything - just by changing some values in the json.

When is 0.C coming out?

If nothing goes bad, on the weekend!