Is there any chance that you character can meet other character create by you?

I been thinking this for long time, I think it may be cool if you own character meet other character create by youself, so you can make them share the item, equip, food or something

but considering the NPC AI stystem right now, I very worry about if it really working, I mean you can’t just see you character just get killed just because some shuid AI working

what’s your’s advice?

as far as i know it’s actually possible… however one of those will have to be dead :wink:

as far as i know it’s actually possible… however one of those will have to be dead ;-)[/quote]

Wait… does that mean you’ll have to kill yourself? * Gasp! *

Only one player object (your character) per reality bubble, please. Corpses are not player objects.

Sorry, RADIALTHRONE1.

Okay. So a thought that I want to put forward:

This is a potentially cool usage for two-way radios.

Hear me out. Two way radios should probably mostly be tied to NPCs. But it’d be nice if somehow you could obtain the frequency for player characters in other world instances. What gameplay effects could this have?

1. Triggering “global” events across both instances-- “Oh, god, the rain! It fucking burns! Look, the wind’s blowing your way-- GET INSIDE!” (Old school acid rain, but with fair warning.)
  2. Mild skill training. (A one-off, one time 5-15% boost to a skill that you’re lower in, maybe?)
  3. Quest giver! “If you can repair this radio tower, then the signal will be better.” “It’s 1 in the morning and it’s louder than daytime. Just… what the hell, why is this swamp so horrible? Look, upload this to your local sewage treatment plant… It’ll make my life easier.”
  4. On a more conceptual level, it helps with the feeling that there’s always more content just out of reach, and it’s an easy point to latch more content onto at a later date.

[quote=“Coyote, post:5, topic:9330”]Okay. So a thought that I want to put forward:

This is a potentially cool usage for two-way radios.

Hear me out. Two way radios should probably mostly be tied to NPCs. But it’d be nice if somehow you could obtain the frequency for player characters in other world instances. What gameplay effects could this have?

1. Triggering “global” events across both instances-- “Oh, god, the rain! It fucking burns! Look, the wind’s blowing your way-- GET INSIDE!” (Old school acid rain, but with fair warning.)
  2. Mild skill training. (A one-off, one time 5-15% boost to a skill that you’re lower in, maybe?)
  3. Quest giver! “If you can repair this radio tower, then the signal will be better.” “It’s 1 in the morning and it’s louder than daytime. Just… what the hell, why is this swamp so horrible? Look, upload this to your local sewage treatment plant… It’ll make my life easier.”
  4. On a more conceptual level, it helps with the feeling that there’s always more content just out of reach, and it’s an easy point to latch more content onto at a later date.[/quote]

o_0

OK, let’s take a look.

1. Weather is generally an actual map and fluctuating thing, not random rolls. Could be handy to ask weather at other positions, I suppose (we have an actual debug-visible weather map, thanks BevapDin, trouble is calling up PC positions on it).
  2. I suppose, but teaching by radio doesn’t seem the best way to learn. I’d want to limit it fairly heavily, but apart from that the only issue is, again, preserving Other-PC (OPC) skills and location.
  3. Heh. At one level, I love it: more PC/OPC cooperation, and one way to get a quasi-hotseat game going if the PCs are controlled by different players. Other level, seems ripe for metagaming/minmaxing. Third level, we’d need to avoid the social-gaming problem where resources are available provided someone else asked you for them: if you radio me because you drank a bad batch of Elf-A*, I need to have purifier before I can give/send it to you.

*Picked because it’s the mutagen most likely to go Wrong, not because I believe you’d use it over others.

1. Yeah, we could do a lot with radios.

So, your ideas are rather interesting and could be pretty great, but they’ll also take some coding and a lot of balance-tuning.

1. Wow, I did not know this. Cool. Try this on as a potential: “We’ve got a nasty thunder storm going, and it looks like the wind is blowing in your direction. Heads up!” More useful information could come from having a national weather transcripts on both ends.
  2. Completely agreed! That said, I think one-off ways to occasionally get a 1-10% bonus to some skills would be awesome. (The first time you Chat when there’s nobody around, a cool possibility would be “…You find yourself rambling nonsense, just to fill your own ears with human speech. You’re pretty sure that’s not how socialization works. +1% Speaking,” for instance.)
  3. Okay, so I’m actually very much against directly sending items from one player instance to another. Like, 100%, I see no possible way that could be done without breaking the shit out of the game. Y’all would know better, of course, and it would be cool if it could be worked in, but my original ideas for quests are more along the lines of, say…

-Fix radio infrastructure (Reward: Meet new NPCs by radio in your region)
-Hack secure bank terminals and relay branch information (Reward: (Some?) Banks revealed on overmap for both players, reduced roll required for hacking terminals in these revealed banks.)
-So look. I think I’m getting something simple wrong, here. Can you find me a and read off the relevant bit? (Reward would be the following:)
- found his cousin on the radio. You’ve done us well in the past, and it’s bad out there-- Might be useful to know where a friendly face is. Here’s their frequency. (Single NPC revealed w/ radio frequency. This could also work as a nice random event)

Basically, shit that mostly sidesteps your listed problems, as there’s very little material gain involved, and which does more to open up both worlds being played. There comes a point where there’s less and less incentive to keep exploring-- This is another avenue to drive the player out into the darkness, time and time again, by giving them paths through it. On the other hand, there is NO SHORTAGE of material loot. So why spend the effort justifying and balancing that shit? I literally drag a shopping cart to every place I go to fill it up with crap already. Knowing where shit is beyond what road maps give me would be way more valuable.

[quote=“Coyote, post:7, topic:9330”]1) Wow, I did not know this. Cool. Try this on as a potential: “We’ve got a nasty thunder storm going, and it looks like the wind is blowing in your direction. Heads up!” More useful information could come from having a national weather transcripts on both ends.
2) Completely agreed! That said, I think one-off ways to occasionally get a 1-10% bonus to some skills would be awesome. (The first time you Chat when there’s nobody around, a cool possibility would be “…You find yourself rambling nonsense, just to fill your own ears with human speech. You’re pretty sure that’s not how socialization works. +1% Speaking,” for instance.)
3) Okay, so I’m actually very much against directly sending items from one player instance to another. Like, 100%, I see no possible way that could be done without breaking the shit out of the game. Y’all would know better, of course, and it would be cool if it could be worked in, but my original ideas for quests are more along the lines of, say…

-Fix radio infrastructure (Reward: Meet new NPCs by radio in your region)
-Hack secure bank terminals and relay branch information (Reward: (Some?) Banks revealed on overmap for both players, reduced roll required for hacking terminals in these revealed banks.)
-So look. I think I’m getting something simple wrong, here. Can you find me a and read off the relevant bit? (Reward would be the following:)
- found his cousin on the radio. You’ve done us well in the past, and it’s bad out there-- Might be useful to know where a friendly face is. Here’s their frequency. (Single NPC revealed w/ radio frequency. This could also work as a nice random event)

Basically, shit that mostly sidesteps your listed problems, as there’s very little material gain involved, and which does more to open up both worlds being played. There comes a point where there’s less and less incentive to keep exploring-- This is another avenue to drive the player out into the darkness, time and time again, by giving them paths through it. On the other hand, there is NO SHORTAGE of material loot. So why spend the effort justifying and balancing that shit? I literally drag a shopping cart to every place I go to fill it up with crap already. Knowing where shit is beyond what road maps give me would be way more valuable.[/quote]

OK, I was speaking to interacting with Other Player Characters, not NPCs. With that in mind, heh, your NPC who wants the PC to go around fixing radio towers is already in, provided you limit it to “stations”, but IIRC that doesn’t yet change the actual radio broadcasts. (I think. Acidia’s very good at making Cool Shit happen.)

Skillbook recon, sure. Rest of it, seems like rather a lot of work but it’d be very well-received.