About new side of help (multi player without multiplayer)

i have in my world many characters.
i want to find them all. find for goto one point on the map.

two chars is spawned - one near other.
third char spawned - where& i do not know where - to north or to south or maybe to east or west from these two chars. i need to find them.
how to do this?
is anybody versions about that question?

is the refugee center (where i may get the old guardia quest) is ONE on the all world?
i may use (+)shelter - where is computer with map

ok. i will do this - and report.

for what this? err maybe for errrr… let we name it “help”.
ok - for hep of chars each other.

load char1 and via the drop give to other char2 some stuff, which is very needed. for example crafted by char1 super-dooper-pooper-cool BIG-BADABOOM which char2 may not craft at all and can not craft, because around him is many hulks.

and what i will do - i go to that place, place near the char2 needed stuff and Save\Exit
after load char2 Get stuff and do TOTAL EXTERMINATUS to all theese f**kin hulks.
we win. Thanks God for help.

but - HOW? HOW to find char’s each other,
if version with refugee center is not good?

i’m lucky - i have two chars what find each other - he spawns near each from other.
but now i create new char - woman. and i need to find my two man’s - it’s be two brothers and their sister.

is there methods for find char other then walk by the Map?

I am not sure if this is what you want to know. Pardon me then.

If you want to find your other characters:

Check up on their coordinates on the map screen(when playing them).

You can find those on the map of another character and you will have it already explored for them too .

ok. will try.
then report…

well… so… I think I outsmarted myself :slight_smile:

I would try and make “landmarks” for the character you are trying to get stuff to, such as burning houses, notable wreckages, etc.

I’m usually try not to interfere with my other survivors, because of the whole reality bubble thingy. Get’s weird very quickly, to be honest.

One option i found to be nice is to make small-ish hideouts are hidden stashes when my character is moving. For example a partially barricaded house with one room having some medical supplies, maybe a gun with some ammo, and a blanket. Or modified vehicles, which hold a few useful items and water. You get the Idea. This definitely feels more immersive, and it kinda makes sense from a characters viewpoint. I can’t possibly carry around tons of meds or a tent or a lot of food, but i can put it into a secure place where i can move to if I need those supplies. And if another Survivor (aka other player character) happens to find the stash, even better~

what is it Landmarks?
how it’s looks?
is you assume Note on the map?
but notes of one char is not seen for other chars

Landmarks are stuff that are noticeable. For example, the Grand Canyon or the great wall of china are Landmarks. Natural landmarks are mountains.

What he proposes is the following: Character 1 is setting a house on fire, arranges several cars in a specific manner or does something else that is eye catching and will remain on the map for a long time. Then, when Character 2, by pure accident or luck, stumbles upon one of these landmarks (aka the burning house/it’s remains or those arranged cars) of Character 1, he would automatically know that Character 1 is somewhere in the Vicinity.

This coincides with my Idea of making hidden stashes and somehow marking them so you and other Survivors can find and use them.

Can you have two characters in a single world? Will they be able to meet and have a weird npc dialogue or does one eseentially “log out”?

You can have as many characters in a world as you want. However, they will not be able to properly meet, as they basically vanish from the game when you load a different character. Time will, obviously, keep going for the world, which means that characters could potentially vanish for days, weeks or even months. Zombies and NPC’s might move on, items could rot, you get the Idea.

No, the character you logged out of will not be there, however items you dropped on the floor, etc will be.

Setting fire to a house to light the way. ~breadcrumps cata stile

You can only have one active PC in a world. The others will vanish

[quote=“Kadian, post:7, topic:12105”]Landmarks are stuff that are noticeable. For example, the Grand Canyon or the great wall of china are Landmarks. Natural landmarks are mountains.

What he proposes is the following: Character 1 is setting a house on fire, arranges several cars in a specific manner or does something else that is eye catching and will remain on the map for a long time. Then, when Character 2, by pure accident or luck, stumbles upon one of these landmarks (aka the burning house/it’s remains or those arranged cars) of Character 1, he would automatically know that Character 1 is somewhere in the Vicinity.

This coincides with my Idea of making hidden stashes and somehow marking them so you and other Survivors can find and use them.[/quote]
Precisely. I actually tried to do this once with 2 characters. One was my main, the other was a beefy monstrosity dubbed the “Bruiser.” All brawn, no brains. His sole purpose was to clear a path for my main char and break down walls for hard-to-get into buildings (i.e. gun stores).

“One world - one coordinate system”. this is now the case.
and before (long ago, I do not remember when) it was not.
before you are born in point 0.0
and every place of birth in the same world position was 0.0
and I am mindful of the fact, without knowing that something has changed in the world, and raised the question of how to find another character.

but now - it’s not a problem to see the coordinates of one character, write them down on a piece of paper and use it with another character, if I need to make a “clean-up” by my character “tank” or “Bruiser” (yep i like this termin)

[quote=“vivat, post:14, topic:12105”]“One world - one coordinate system”. this is now the case.
and before (long ago, I do not remember when) it was not.
before you are born in point 0.0
and every place of birth in the same world position was 0.0
and I am mindful of the fact, without knowing that something has changed in the world, and raised the question of how to find another character.

but now - it’s not a problem to see the coordinates of one character, write them down on a piece of paper and use it with another character, if I need to make a “clean-up” by my character “tank” or “Bruiser” (yep i like this termin)[/quote]
Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like