Iexamine entry not found

Hello all. I’m currently adding a larger tent for my own purposes and to be able to take the tent down, I had to add a new furniture object for the groundsheet and a new iexamine entry to be able to take the tent down and receive a large tent. However, despite double and triple checking my entries in the json files and iexamine, I get a debug message that goes something like: " No iexamine function found matching ‘large_tent’."

I’ve put time into investigating this issue but I can’t seem to find what I’m missing. My main question is: what am I overlooking? I’ve edited iexamine.cpp and iexamine.h with my function but it simply won’t seem to be detected. The spelling is correct in the json file as well, listed as ‘large_tent’, with the iexamine function named ‘large_tent’.

[quote=“Llebac, post:1, topic:6919”]Hello all. I’m currently adding a larger tent for my own purposes and to be able to take the tent down, I had to add a new furniture object for the groundsheet and a new iexamine entry to be able to take the tent down and receive a large tent. However, despite double and triple checking my entries in the json files and iexamine, I get a debug message that goes something like: " No iexamine function found matching ‘large_tent’."

I’ve put time into investigating this issue but I can’t seem to find what I’m missing. My main question is: what am I overlooking? I’ve edited iexamine.cpp and iexamine.h with my function but it simply won’t seem to be detected. The spelling is correct in the json file as well, listed as ‘large_tent’, with the iexamine function named ‘large_tent’.[/quote]

There tends to be a translator script somewhere–I always have to look it up–that takes the item and translates it to the function. Best advice I’d have ATM would be to find-in-files for some similar iexamine function and make sure yours appears in every file/location it does.

I think you’re looking for a method in init.cpp that assigns the methods to a map for lookup. don’t recal the name offhand.

I figured it out. It was hiding in iexamine.cpp – right under my nose! Thank you for the assistance anyways. I will have to be more thorough from now on.