I Wanna Live

I master the books first then work on the death mobile, but I assume you could read by daylight and work on the car at night, since it doesn’t need light to do.

Ironically considering the thread’s title, this character wound up eating his gun which I rarely do. Executed two last Zombie Brutes (which I thought would be suicidal enough) then put his 1911 to his temple and bye bye world, bye bye world. RIP Pvt. Patrick Espinosa.

Things were going so well until I wound up starving, dying of dehydration, and exhausted in a city completely overrun with the entire Z rainbow. The final blow to my morale as a player was when I parked my Mad-Max style interceptor that I’d put together out of a police car and added a composite military ram, that I’d just repaired to full for the fourth time, that was serving as my mobile base, swept three houses, and came back to find my car inexplicably torn apart. I’m guessing brutes routed through it or something. It was in perfect condition all over and then after I got back from my sweep of the houses, it was a scrap heap.

[quote=“End Transmission, post:22, topic:14039”]Ironically considering the thread’s title, this character wound up eating his gun which I rarely do. Executed two last Zombie Brutes (which I thought would be suicidal enough) then put his 1911 to his temple and bye bye world, bye bye world. RIP Pvt. Patrick Espinosa.

Things were going so well until I wound up starving, dying of dehydration, and exhausted in a city completely overrun with the entire Z rainbow. The final blow to my morale as a player was when I parked my Mad-Max style interceptor that I’d put together out of a police car and added a composite military ram, that I’d just repaired to full for the fourth time, that was serving as my mobile base, swept three houses, and came back to find my car inexplicably torn apart. I’m guessing brutes routed through it or something. It was in perfect condition all over and then after I got back from my sweep of the houses, it was a scrap heap.[/quote]
I really hate that zombies both in this game and in 7 days to die seem to have an inexplicable hatred of inanimate objects that can be broken.

My next character is Dr. Julius Johnson. It is spring and he has the basics for survival. He’s an asthmatic, lactose intolerant, and both near and far sighted, like most scientists. He’s mastered journeyman levels of mechanics, electronics, first aid, fabrication, melee, and handguns, and has found an Uzi with a fair supply of 9mm FMJ ammo, greatly increasing his chances of survival.

Having recently visited a Refugee Center to trade for a Jack, and having found a hacksaw outside a Home Improvement Megastore that SOMEHOW DID NOT HAVE ONE SINGLE WRENCH INSIDE IT (seriously WTF, I assume that HIMs are supposed to be the equivalents of Home Depot, so even on lower than normal item spawn density there should be like a dozen wrenches and hammers and screwdrivers) his most immediate goal is to find a wrench (that he has not found one yet is downright bizarre), then see about finding an acetylene torch or building a makeshift welder. There’s a fully charged solar car with no wheels that he plans on coming back to.

So far his life has been pretty charmed. He’s been making his way east through a series of safehouses that I must have set up by a previous character or characters I have long forgotten after they died. He’s found not just one but two intact but shitty vehicles he was able to hotwire and most importantly, is the owner of an atomic lamp, IMHO one of the most powerful items in the early-mid game.