I hate skeletons

I really do. I hate them even more when I wake up in bed with them.

I hate the very essence of their being. The zombies I can live with. The horrid creatures I could live with.

But skeletons? No… no I hate them. They deserve to die a 1000 deaths. Only to be brought back, and fed to the feral dogs.

Incase you all don’t get it. I hate skeletons.

Skeletons isn’t a big problem for me, sure they are resistant to ranged attacks but quite wimpy against melee ones. Just whip out a crowbar/bat/heavy stick and bash their skulls in.

[quote=“infectedmochi, post:2, topic:4464”]

Skeletons isn’t a big problem for me, sure they are resistant to ranged attacks but quite wimpy against melee ones. Just whip out a crowbar/bat/heavy stick and bash their skulls in.[/quote]

It’s not that their hard to kill. I carry around a nailbat just for the occasion. I just hate them, always have in just about every game.

Cataclysm knows this, so it loves to spawn them in the bed with me. Them and their meddling dogs as well.

Ninja’d.

The dreaded Revenant of Doom 2 is downright the worst enemy, not because they are overpowered, but because it is a huge, screeching skeleton that punches you when you get close. You can hear his bones clicking together. This is how i view cataclysms skeletons, and that is why i kill them with extreme prejudice.

This. All of this.

That or the fucking skeletons that dodge your attacks on any Zelda game, ever.

Ahh yes the Revenant in Doom. I haven’t played Doom 2 yet, I played Doom 3 though. Not sure if the Revenant in 3 is harder or easier, but they are quite nasty nonetheless. Shoot guided rocket from 2 cannons mounted on the shoulder, those things are hard to dodge in the open, and then once you managed to get in their face – “haha nope we got strong claw attacks too”

oddly enough, i’ve seen the movie, but have never play any of the Doom games.

On a recently downloaded experimental, I had the regular, monsters nearby continue butchering? message. After hitting Y it then said, Skeleton spotted, stop butchering?

Did that arise from this thread, specifying skeletons?

I can honestly say the movie is nothing like the games.

I did enjoy the movie though.

The movie for Doom is crap. Doom 3 is crap.

Doom 1 was fine, Doom 2 was quite good, especially on Hardcore. (A gamemode where modern players would cry for a doctor in the first few seconds …)

Skeletons are unfair. The shot pierces right through them doing no damage?! I shot that bastard in the head.

Mi-go, those are fair. Hunting horrors, fair. Skeletons are broken, unrealistic, so either throw realism out the window and add ghosts, or add skinny zombies or something.

Also, cut zombie dogs, or add other zombie animals. Fast zombies are against Romero lore so I understand, but it’s a real drag, and unbalanced. Lower their speed. They’re DEAD. Rigor-friggin-mortis.

Skeletons ought to be abolished as unrealistic and not fitting in lore, and zombie dogs ought to be revised into something non-gamebreaking.

I ain’t bitching on my behalf, but some of this stuff affects the learning curve for beginners.

well seeing as CDDA doesn’t seem to really be based on Romero lore(various mutant zombies, bites don’t spread the disease, etc.) it doesn’t really matter if there are fast zombies or not.

but i do agree, skeletons don’t make much sense. what’s keeping them animated, if they have nothing to animate? if it’s some kind of “magic” then shouldn’t they be unkillable with normal weapons a la Return of the Living Dead?

If you look at the description, they have just enough flesh for the goo to animate. They’re not really pure bone, more like skeletons with strips of gooey joint muscle.

Also there are straight up extra dimensional horrors in the game that I’ve shot in the face with ordinary guns. They die like anything else.

I love hating skeletons… and smokers. They keep ranged builds honest.

The Revenant isn’t that hard because of its relatively low health. Really, a plasma rifle should clear them up just fine.

On the topic of the thread, THESE skeletons aren’t so hard, either. I keep a shotgun handy for them, or on the off chance I couldn’t get one, just clench my teeth through the damage and beat them to death.

[quote=“Sarge, post:16, topic:4464”]I love hating skeletons… and smokers. They keep ranged builds honest.[/quote]coughgrenade launchercough

[quote=“TheGrifter, post:13, topic:4464”]Also, cut zombie dogs, or add other zombie animals. Fast zombies are against Romero lore so I understand, but it’s a real drag, and unbalanced. Lower their speed. They’re DEAD. Rigor-friggin-mortis.

and zombie dogs ought to be revised into something non-gamebreaking.[/quote]

I think they should be as fast as the player, or a little bit faster, not the absurd values we have now

[quote=“deadmerits, post:10, topic:4464”]On a recently downloaded experimental, I had the regular, monsters nearby continue butchering? message. After hitting Y it then said, Skeleton spotted, stop butchering?

Did that arise from this thread, specifying skeletons?[/quote]

No, that just means a new monster came into view. You get this all the time if you are reading and there is a dog running around outside your window.

If it says “Moose spotted!”, good luck.