I cant sleep

My character has been awake for about three days at this point.
Ive got a bed, Ive got two sheets (no blankets), no pain, a bed, and cough syrup, but I still cant fall asleep. Ive also got accomplished sleeper and heavy sleeper.

Any ideas?

Caffeine consumption?

The stimulant effect might have since worn off, but if I recall correctly it still pushes your sleepiness value further from SLEEPY. So it might still be counting down from that if you chugged a bunch of soda back in the beginning or something.

Probably caffeine. It decreases your fatigue value, until very recently with no cap.
If you want to be sure, find your save file (named [somethingsomething].sav) and find a “fatigue”: “[number]” line. If it’s something like -1000, you won’t sleep for a while, at least not without a ton of sleeping pills.

Wow, so the single cup of joe I had 72 hours ago still hasnt worn off.

Can you buy this apocalypse coffee from Costco or something? I need some.

[quote=“Teeplaysgames, post:4, topic:7789”]Wow, so the single cup of joe I had 72 hours ago still hasnt worn off.

Can you buy this apocalypse coffee from Costco or something? I need some.[/quote]

Coffee, Meth, Coke, Crack, Sugar, anything with any degree of ‘stimulant’ tag will do it.

Ive had nothing but water and cooked meat since I made the character. I killed a jabberwock so I treated myself to a single cup of coffee. Three days later I think my brain might be melting because I cant sleep. Welcome to Cataclysm.

…Is your character actually tired?

Exausted. Fatigue is at 622

Are you sick and coughing? Because that’ll keep you awake, I had a time where I had the flu for a week and just had to struggle through with Exhaustion until it wore off and I could finally fall asleep. Deafening yourself with noise-cancelling headgear used to help with that, but it doesn’t work nearly as well any more. Dunno about cough syrup but you mentioned you tried that.

If sickness is the case, you just have to wait for it to wear off. Read some books or something until you stop coughing and then you’ll be able to sleep.

This seems very odd… I am stumped too.

But … what version are you playing? And have you ever slept in-game before? What message do you get when you try to sleep?

screw sleep and drink more coffee get atomic coffee maker its best and with radiogenetic trait it heal you

[quote=“digitCruncher, post:10, topic:7789”]This seems very odd… I am stumped too.

But … what version are you playing? And have you ever slept in-game before? What message do you get when you try to sleep?[/quote]

Yesterday’s experimental. Ive slept a few times in game just fine before, but I woke up and drank a single cup of coffee and I havent slept since. On day 5 without sleep. Something is knocking at the LMOE door, but Im too tired to fight whatever it is. Luckily, Ive got about a weeks worth of food and firewood inside.

Well, if you’re exhausted then it’s certainly not just coffee. Check your character screen, if you have a speed boost from stimulants, it can prevent you from sleeping. If you have none, then it’s not coffee.

It may be an actual bug. If nothing helps, upload the save somewhere and post link. Just the .sav file should be enough. You might have some lingering effect that should have worn off by now but for some reason didn’t.

If you can’t solve the problem, actually binge on coffee. Drink it until you’re no longer exhausted. It won’t help with inability to sleep, but it will make sleep obsolete (you’ll need to heal yourself in some other way). Take your vitamins, though. Coffee is unhealthy.

I slept finally. Spent two days straight doing nothing but chopping trees before I finally passed out for 36 hours. Unfortunately I left the door open by mistake and was woken up by a moose… In my bunker… In bed with me… Goring me.

Thanks, Moose.