Hybrid Inventory [2019-5-8]

Will it be possible to fill a container i.e. a plastic bottle that’s stored in a backpack?

Should by possible in Advanced Inventory and to store result of crafting. Unless something broke recently.

If you are talking about water sources like ponds, then no in the near future. I might implement it once I play the game again, thought I might not… taking water from toilets and rivers is mostly for early game.

Any chance of a newer compiled version?
The one that’s here still has the awkward crafting if I remember.

Sure.

I should get to it tomorrow morning.

1 Like

what a great addition, finally melee only should be survivable, why wasn’t this mainlined years ago, rhetorical question.

Updated. Hopefully everything works, I did test it, but not too much.

how do i actually use this mod, just use it as a separate install folder and put all the other mods back into there basically?

Just unzip somewhere, it does include entire game. Only thing you might want to copy in are mods / tilesets that are not included in the base game.

When creating new world, don’t forget to enable Hybrid Inventory mod.

that didn’t seem to have an executable in the folder so i had to merge a copy of my main install with that folder and contents.

then it had some error about already a mod with ident experimental z levels, i removed this mod’s folder since i do not use it.

also got this error next when loading a world.

DEBUG : JsonObject contains legacy node toggled. Consider replacing it with BIONIC_TOGGLED flag in flags node.

FUNCTION : bool get_bool_or_flag(JsonObject&, const string&, const string&, bool, const string&)
FILE : src/bionics.cpp
LINE : 1477

followed by:

DEBUG : Error: data/mods//dda/…/…/json/bullet_pulling.json: line 3:16: unrecognized JSON object

[
{
“type”:
^
“BULLET_PULLING”,
“bullet”: “shot_bird”,
“items”: [

FUNCTION : bool main_menu::load_character_tab()
FILE : src/main_menu.cpp
LINE : 975

and crash to main menu.

Not sure what exactly you downloaded, but if it does not have exe file, its a wrong zip.

Maybe search for bullet_pulling.json and then replace “BULLET_PULLING” with “TOOL”?

Is there any plan to update hybrid inventory for one of the more recent experimentals? I’ve been taking a liking to magiclysm, and it would be nice to use hybrid inventory with it. Melee builds (or even just inventory logistics in general) are a pain in the ass without the ability to group items into containers.

It would be even better if it was just finally implemented as a mainline option, but apparently having a 95% working container system is somehow more disruptive than having to waste several turns dropping dozens of items for melee combat or stat loss? Never actually understood the reasoning for why it wasn’t included in the meantime while an internal solution was completed.

I tried to update HI today, but I got stuck on particularly annoying change in game code I am not sure how to deal with.

I might finish it eventually, but sadly I do not have as much time as I used to and as I am not C++ programmer, fixing things takes longer than one might expect.

Any luck updating to the recent experimentals? It’s been so long, and in fact I can’t play CDDA without Hybrid Inventory.

I pretty much gave up on the thing.

It is such a mess, it might be better to rewrite it entirely. Except I don’t have time and will to do it.

It seems I underestimated project contributor’s ability to change code in such ways as to severely break my code. I can’t blame them though, they can’t check if their stuff breaks something that is not even the part of the project.

What I regret the most is that there are people like you and me, who became addicted to the Hybrid Inventory to such an extent they can’t even enjoy playing Cataclysm without it.

If there is someone who wants to pick up the torch, he / she has my blessing to do so - including taking the code from my branch.

3 Likes