How to Make a Blacklist Mod?

So, after many a nightmarish starts of a certain Aberration spawning LITERALLY on the doorstep of my shelters, (and a major phobia of wasps and spiders) but not wanting to lose access to certain locations, I feel the need to ask:

Is it possible to, using .JSON files, make a mod that blacklists something off species?

Failing that, is there a way to make a mod recognizable by the launcher to bring them down somewhat to more mortal status? Because I very much like the game… some monsters just make me (metaphorically) shit bricks at even the slightest mention.

Are you talking about the Jabberwockys?

I a huge fan of blacklisting certain monsters because one can’t deal with them. If you’re having difficulties try using the terrain to your advantage, use guns, use things like spear with pseudo-ranged attacks, befriend some NPCs (that do spawn with guns or could be given decent melee weapons), or in extreme cases stay away from certain enemies. The game is after all about a apocalypse survivor and not about chuck norris.

Sorry for not answering your question, but keep on trying and you will overcome even the wasps! :wink:

It’s not that I don’t appreciate the challenge they present for people who want the extra weird and crazy thing messing their world up, but I play this for fun- and have some medical issues that mean I’d rather not stress myself into a migraine over an enemy persistently spawning when it shouldn’t. I did wind up compromising by nerfing Jabbawocks to “dangerous, but less likely to one punch my face in with full gear” levels.

And blacklisting the monsters that make me panic for phobia reasons, though I am giving spiders a chance, since they seem kind of important.

Only side effect so far is that the main screen when I boot the game hangs for a few seconds (15-45) but that may be because the blacklist is… uh…long.

Oh okay, sorry I totally missed the point. I didn’t realize this was a phobia-related issue I thought you just found the enemies too strong so you wanted to get rid of them.
Apologies for my inconsiderate ignorance.

Yes there is a way, just look at all the “No joke monsters mod” and just put the ones you want not to spawn instead of the ones in there.

[quote=“Snaaty, post:4, topic:12522”]Oh okay, sorry I totally missed the point. I didn’t realize this was a phobia-related issue I thought you just found the enemies too strong so you wanted to get rid of them.
Apologies for my inconsiderate ignorance.[/quote]

It’s fine- I kind of smooshed the two subjects together in a way that wasn’t the clearest. And I imagine phobia related issues aren’t the most common thing with this sort of game, to begin with.