How is CBM crafting meant to work in the latest experimental?

I’m using 0.9-2326-g708d1bb

My CBM crafting menu is completely blank, but the wiki claims I should have the recipes unlocked simply by having high enough first aid and electronics skills.

Which I do.

Any ideas?

You need some kind of ridiculous amount of electronics and medical skill.

The wiki claims it’s 7 electronics and 5 first aid.

I have 7 electronics and 10 first aid. (Yes, I cheated in the latter because I got tired of making and using hundreds of bandages)

No sign of anything in the menu.

Were the required values changed? Do I need HIGHER than the stated value?

CBM recipes are now learned from books, although certain ones can also be learned from disassembly. Had me confused at first also. I thought it was an error in my menu system, but after checking jsons it seems the books are ‘Augmentative Tech Review 2041’, ‘lab journal-Herrera’, and ‘2XI design binder-CLASSIFIED’.

EDIT:: With lvl 5 looking like the lowest required skill lvl. From either the journal or the binder. ( Skill meaning skill required to learn the recipe… crafting skill requirements may be different. )

Well, damn.

Time to go hunting for science labs I suppose. I did just kill a couple of zombie scientists, so I’m HOPING there’s a lab nearby.

I’m now wondering what the point is of learning them from disassembly… Why not just install one if you have it? Is it just in case you fail and need spares?

After you install your first one, if you find a second and haven’t learned the recipe yet, you can disassemble it for a chance to learn to craft it.

Yes, but if you already have one, what’s the point in making more?

Also, where the heck do I find science labs? Despite finding scientist zombies, I can’t see the lab anywhere.

Follow the roads out of towns. Labs are always on one of the dead end branch off roads. Also, you may find farms, public works, bunkers, FEMA camps, etc.

EDIT:: Yeah I’m not too sure about the disassembly of CBMs either, but eh… the feature is there for whatever reason it may be used for.

Seems to me it would make more sense if CBMs would break into a specific broken variant of the CBM instead of a “burnt out bionic”. That way, you could disassemble the broken one and build one that works.

I think there might be plans for that.

I quite like this idea.

[quote=“DG123, post:7, topic:4585”]Yes, but if you already have one, what’s the point in making more?

Also, where the heck do I find science labs? Despite finding scientist zombies, I can’t see the lab anywhere.[/quote]last i checked scientist zombies only spawn either inside a lab or near groups of science corpses. look around and you’ll find the corpses.

there are some CBMs, such as the Power Storage and Power Storage MK II that you can install as many of as you want, i’ve been able to boost my max power supply to over 200. these, i presume, are the ones that you learn the recipe from disassembly.

Learn-thru-disassembly is a separate thing. I’ll go ahead and implement that–been difficult to justify (in my head) the point of disassembling something without knowing whether I’d be able to reassemble it, in hopes that I’d get that ability and be able to maybe manufacture another.

But as I’ve said before…differing playstyles.

I booked up the bionics. The lab journal spawns in labs (the teleporter rooms) and the others are available topside. The augmentative tech review can show up in libraries, but the 2XI binder’s rare enough (try bank vaults) that you’re better off Lab-diving.

One of the major points I follow in booking recipes is to have the recipe available in multiple sources whenever I can justify it. Mutagens are about the only exception to that, and I might well change them up on my next pass.

Is there any science equivalent to the military installation map?

The labs are the only science related buildings right now.

[quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:12, topic:4585”][quote=“DG123, post:7, topic:4585”]Yes, but if you already have one, what’s the point in making more?

Also, where the heck do I find science labs? Despite finding scientist zombies, I can’t see the lab anywhere.[/quote]last i checked scientist zombies only spawn either inside a lab or near groups of science corpses. look around and you’ll find the corpses.

there are some CBMs, such as the Power Storage and Power Storage MK II that you can install as many of as you want, i’ve been able to boost my max power supply to over 200. these, i presume, are the ones that you learn the recipe from disassembly.[/quote]

Seems you can learn in that way with others that you can only install one of though. At least according to the wiki.

Anyway… holy crap, 200?

So what’s the numerical limit on CBMs that you can install, total? Is there one?

The labs are the only science related buildings right now.[/quote]

No no. I mean, is there a way of finding a map that adds all the labs to your map screen?

I found one that did this for military bases and roads etc.

The labs are the only science related buildings right now.[/quote]

No no. I mean, is there a way of finding a map that adds all the labs to your map screen?

I found one that did this for military bases and roads etc.[/quote]

Oh no unfortunately the only map I know of that has what you ask is the maps on the terminals inside the labs. That said, road maps from gas stations have a tendency to reveal some of the dead end roads that labs and other stuff spawns at. Could try those. ( Gas stations outside of cities seem to have more chance of spawning a road map than others, but that could just be in my experience. )