Craftable CBMs

There are several CBMs in the crafting list that use only a burnt out bionic, but are not shown in the crafting menu unless searched for. I don’t know if they can be crafted without the ‘learn all recipes’ cheat. I found this in my test/cheat world. I am using 0.A.

These are dis-assembly recipes; and cannot be learnt outside of cheating.

The problem is that they don’t appear in the crafting menu unless you search for them. The recipes don’t have a category.

How do i go directly

There is no problem. Those are “recipes” for the products of disassembly of certain items. Basically, the game determines whether it can be disassembled and what it disassembles into from the crafting recipe for the item. Some items can be disassembled, but not crafted. These have special recipes that the user is never supposed to see or know, and they are just used by the game to define skills needed and the products of disassembly.

The bug is that they appear at all when searched for.

These are dis-assembly recipes; and cannot be learnt outside of cheating.
Wut?

Some CBM’s (the most simplistic ones) can be made by the player. These ones have actual recipes if you look in the JSON files, and require more then just a burnt-out bionic (though IIRC some let you cannibalize a burnt out bionic to replace some other recipe pieces). Others can’t be crafted by the player, and the recipes will only return a burnt-out bionic. If something has “id_suffix”: “uncraft”, listed in the recipe, it’s only a disassembly recipe, and can’t be done by the player.

Weird, I thought there was a kind of “no crafting intricate/overly complex things” clause in the design document, and that CBM crafting would be a big no-no. Did they get slipped in sometime?

Some CBM’s were in since quite some time. It’s ok for those that are.

Although, Aero-Evaporator, Solar Cells, Water Extraction Unit and the Finger-Mounted Laser should be removed from crafting. Way too powerful.

It’s “no crafting burnt-out bionics”. BoBs are generally the core for making any bionic, and as such they require the precision tools.

We can review the existing augs, sure, though I’m thinking most would withstand review.

It’s “no crafting burnt-out bionics”. BoBs are generally the core for making any bionic, and as such they require the precision tools.

We can review the existing augs, sure, though I’m thinking most would withstand review.[/quote]

Ah, gotcha’. Guess I had read that wrong/as “no crafting with burnt-out bionics”. As in, bionics are too complex (tiny circuitry and chips, complex programming involved) that the player wouldn’t be able to take a hammer and soldering iron and some scrap and crank out bionic strength or something.