How does a landmine react when walking in a vehicle over it?

Quick Question: If I am walking inside of a vehicle, and there is a landmine underneath the vehicle, will the landmine go off if I step on the vehicle tile over the mine?

I ask because a Security Van has spawned on a minefield.
And it has things, and I want them.

One can walk over acid on vehicle, so one can presumably walk over landmine.

Vehicles trigger land mines last time i checked.

Find out. Post results.If you get a Y/N prompt, you should probably press no.

If you are ready for more science, try and disarm it with a vehicle above it. See if the vehicle eats the explosion if you fail.

Going over a landmine with a tire detonates it, and if the cabin is closed it will protect you from explosion
Going over it with non tire frames won’t detonate the mine.

You can’t defuse landmines under vehicles, you just interact with the vehicle instead

Having run over several mines through careless driving in the game, I recall that it doesn’t damage the survivor, but the mines are usually effective in tearing through the vehicle parts that get hit by the mine.

To add to this, I’m fairly certain that Landmines outright destroy whatever parts they hit, irrespective of how much health the part has. Back when I drove around an entire Baneblade(RIP, My space marine survivor ate a turbolaser and I forgot where I parked it), I once had a Landmine take out an entire 55" Steel Armoured Tread WITH MPC and a Heavy Steel Frame. It took all 3 down to shattered in one blast. Said parts were able to outright shrug off rounds from tank drones.

Those treads are a bitch to replace too.

To add to this, I’m fairly certain that Landmines outright destroy whatever parts they hit, irrespective of how much health the part has. Back when I drove around an entire Baneblade(RIP, My space marine survivor ate a turbolaser and I forgot where I parked it), I once had a Landmine take out an entire 55" Steel Armoured Tread WITH MPC and a Heavy Steel Frame. It took all 3 down to shattered in one blast. Said parts were able to outright shrug off rounds from tank drones.

Those treads are a bitch to replace too.[/quote]

I was able to search the vehicle without problem, nothing useful for me and no explosions thankfully.
Also, note to self: Don’t run over landmines in my suped up RV.

Yeah. I wasn’t sure on treads, as my survivor who went around tank treads drove carefully, but on my past vehicles land mines tore apart armored wheels with ease.

This is why the Solar Rollers have minesweepers on the ram.