Houses and other floor plans

Hi All,

I’m playing a fairly successful historical reenactor, who has managed to find a house which seems to be unoccupied. One aspect which is still a little difficult for me is figuring out whether I’ve been in a particular area before.

The house, as far as I can tell, has a bedroom (where I broke in), and a living/dining/whatever room. THere’s a mobile meth lab (?!) outside, and a yard with a picket fence and table.

I’m not sure what can be done, if anything, to make exploration a little easier. There are multiple doors and windows. Some of the latter in particular have curtains open, which helps me keep track of zombies occasionally.

I guess I’m just wondering if there are standard floor plans for buildings and such? Is it worth my looking around for other rooms? It’s sometimes hard to tell if there’s unexplored area somewhere, or if I’m mostly just retreading old ground.

Thanks for any thoughts :slight_smile:

i put notes on locations i cleared with a simple “X” on them(it can get confusing if i put notes on uncleared buildings though since the note icon is still the same). I also tend to close all curtains in buildings i visit - this way, npcs won’t try to explore them and get the stuff inside, i know that i visited the building as soon as i see a window(closed curtains means visited), and zombies won’t see me snooping around inside.

If you pull up the map and press shift+e it will turn the highlighted tile gray. Comes in handy when trying to figure out which buildings you’ve been to

Ah, so that’s what the explored," command does. It’s less useful to me than some because I have to check the color of each individual tile anyway. I guess there are just some areas where vision helps speed things along. :slight_smile: I’ll have to remember to use the notes feature more often. I’ve been using a separate virtual console to write them, which is arguably more efficient.

You can also write on in game space/objects if you have a sharp object with you. (%) menu is prob the best way to do it. Should allow you to write on scrap object and leave it somewhere, or (somehow never bothered to test this yet) on the ground itself.