Hostile Architect - Location Builder Tool & EXTRA Locations Mod

So I’ve gotten to creating my own mod with my tool, which adds a new “Medium Security Prison” and a “Memorial Hospital”. I’ll try and get it uploaded somehow, but it’s still in beta.

After using the tool for 15+ hours, I’d say it works very well. It makes working on map making more efficient, and more creative. This is especially helpful for larger maps, which as you might guess are laborious to build.

Here’s some screenshots from my “Memorial Hospital”.

A rooftop garden beyond a hall of patient rooms.

A skybridge, linking the hospital’s 2 buildings together.

A hallway, those pillows in the hall you see are actually a custom vehicle, “Stretcher”, I added for this hospital. They can be taken apart for caster wheels, or loaded up and dragged around as a wagon.

5 Likes

At first glance that looks like something that could just be part of vanilla dda.

I’ve finally got around to starting a Git project for my new maps.

There are 3 maps: Medium-Security Prison, Memorial Hospital, and Tenement Apartments. Each has its own scenario so you can start right there.

Enjoy!

1 Like

And a bunch more screenshots!

Memorial Hospital

A random ambulance spawning correctly behind the Memorial Hospital.

The emergency lane between buildings in the Memorial Hospital.

Bathroom in the Memorial Hospital.

Medium-Security Prison

The weight room.

Prison workshop.

Parking lot outside the prison.

The prison’s laundry room.

1 Like

this tool is incredible work, I’ll be sure to donate when I have any money to spare!

Would you mind possibly making a PR to the base-game to include the locations? More variety is always a blessing, I could always get around to it eventually with your blessing, it would mean everyone would experience your work

1 Like

Thanks! I have one error message to work out with the Medium-Security Prison, but I’m hoping to bundle it together with a couple more maps soon, before submitting a PR.

If I get my mod included in the base game, it will also be a great way to advertise the existence of this tool :wink: Getting my maps in the base game would be cool too I guess.

I’ve also uploaded a new tutorial, the Advanced Tutorial, which covers…

1. Multi-tile (and multi-floor) maps
  2. Advanced Palette options
  3. Placing Vehicles
  4. Placing Zombies
1 Like